Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello thought i would try the hill descent mode on an incline near to my new house..... worked awesome but i shouldve just floored it because i got stuck. in the process of rocking it back and forth the ms lights blinked as well as D have reverse and will start going forward high revving it in 3rd. also, i reset the code with a generic scanner. any way i can get it out of limp mode? thanks, Randy:smile

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi, you erased the fault code but what was it, cos that's the reason for the limp mode and only erasing a fault code from the ECU memory doesnt mean the fault is fixed... it would be nice and cheap to be so simple :serious , the warnings are the result of a component failure not the cause of it... they'll be back soon, the fault code helps you to fix things by telling you whats the problem

Reactions: randycanopolis

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Was the fault code pointig to it?, read again the fault code and according to it you'll know what's the problem

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Then that's what you need to replace

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Before you go chucking parts at it .... What exactly happened? Di you get it wet? Di you get it good and dirty?
Does the speedo work?
I would clear the codes and possibly do a hard reset and see what changes before.
I had that code a couple years ago and no speedo. As I recall (going back about 4 years) I cleaned and checked some trans. Harness connections and all was good.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Good point cos something is strange about that sensor and the fault code though Land Rover Range Rover SE Discovery II Speedometer Transmitter Genuine STC 4444 | eBay interestingly they named it speedometer transducer while the D2 speedo is working based on VSS signal delivered by the ABS ECU, also if the code was read with a generic OBD2 scanner it's not accurate cos in the description of specific ZF4HP22/24 fault codes P0722(22): * Torque converter slipping = Maintains current gear in low range, limp home mode in high range. Shift pressure to maximum, harsh gear shifts/engagement. so more investigation is needed IMO

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.