Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to identify if the engine in my '93 Discovery is a 3.5 or a 3.9 without sticking a bit of wire down spark plug hole and measuring the stroke.
Also I believe there are stroker cranks available that will take it out to 4.5 or there abouts, new to Forum and to Discoveries, I have a feeling that being a mechanic is going to come in handy, Regards Frank.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I've never seen a 3.9 that didn't have "3.9" (gee, what a coincidence) cast into the top of the plenum cover, and vice versa, I've never seen a 3.5 that had anything (like 3.5) cast on the cover.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TerryS, thanks for that info, I have seen a few Discos (later Models) and haven't noticed anything cast onto the top of the Plenum, can anyone here in Australia confirm that Australian engines are the same as in the USA. Also any info on Stroker cranks would be welcome, Regards Frank.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Disco, some pretty tasty goodies, but big bikkies, a 5L efi Ford engine is looking good, know if anyone makes adapters for the Ford 5L to go to the Disco Auto box, my engine is the 3.5 / 8.13:1 C/R. Can a 3.5 be bored out to a 3.9, still learning, Regards Frank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.