Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, besides getting up underneath my vehicle and checking out the rear diff, is there a way to tell if the rear diff has the factory locker? My service people at the LR dealer said it needs the fluid replaced because it is a locker, but I don't have the lock/unlock icon under the 4x4 information on the display.

I am getting ready to buy the diff oil and I want to make sure it is the right type, it's currently at the dealer getting a new AC compressor, otherwise I would just get under it and look.

Thanks,

· very disco
3,025 Posts
Check your VIN, it won’t lie. But if you don’t have the lock symbol on the 4x4 display, it’s probably not a locker. I’ve never seen a D5 with lockers, but I’ve got a D4 and it’s got the padlocks on the 4x4 screen and I’ve seen D3 similarly equipped as well

· VW Dieselgate beneficiary
91 Posts
Your dealer may be referring to the LSD. You have an ELD for the Center diff if you have the Terrain Response 2 pack. The locking rear diff would have come with the Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack or Capability Plus pack (depending on model year). If you have your original Monroney decal it would list those.

You could only get the active locking rear diff with the Capability Plus pack, if you ordered a 3rd row seat for a few of the early years. It's never been an a la carte option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts