Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bare my naked ass to the forum flame throwers!

I just saw the LR3 today as it passed me in traffic, and guess what? I don't like the look of it, and so far, am not impressed. When I finally get to suss out all the new electrical things that will go wrong; I'll be more than convinced. I guess I'm just a diehard D1 lover.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
:eek: I dont want to see your ass!!!! That said...i used to hate the new LR3.Now I'm not sure. I finaly just went to my local Dealer(LR dealer) and went to see one.I must say techno wise she is a wild ride.The rest of it is pretty awsome too.I just wish the shape was slightly more old school.As far as practical is concerned well shes that too....just dont think you can hose it out when your done wheelin' in it.I would think thats not covered by warranty!!!!! :drink1: There is one near me that some freak has Lowered and put low profile tyres on it with 20" chrome spinners on it.I,m thinking of swinging by to kick the S**T out of him later. :buttrock:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it will take time. As we get used to looking at them they will become (slightly) better lookind with timg. You can see similar lines in the new Ford F-Seiries pick ups. Same with the Volvos and small Ford cars for a while, every now and then you catch a few lines that are similar. I personaly think my D II is the best looking truck on the road. :buttrock:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree that the LR3 does not look nearly as sweet as a DI or II, but it is still a formidable vehicle. I went on a trail run with my Rover club and two guys from the Tucson Land Rover dealer brought up a brand new one. Have to say, it is probably the most plush and comfortable thing off the road(depending on how many make it there). But she climbed and descended everything like a pro and made it back to the showroom in one piece. Personally I think it has too many gadgets and the sound of a Jaguar V-8 climbing up a hill is kind of odd, but I think we will all get used to it,..eventually.

For pics check out the "Coke Ovens Run" under 2005 adventures at azlro.org
"I'm the teal/blue one" :wave:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I finally went to the dealer and sat in one. I don't like the looks on the outside. Too plain, no style...but DANG!!! The inside was pretty friggin' sweet. I wouldn't mind that comfort offroad! Although it is nice to have some manual control over your vehicle and not rely on buttons. But still...pretty dang sweet.

I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.
:dunno:

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
We just got our HSE about a week ago and when i first saw one about 6 months ago i hated it, but now that we got it and i have driven more than just on a test drive i absolutely love it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I admit I havent sat in one yet, but I say I agree with Halliday, the Series II is the best looking. Just wish it had more power going up hills.....

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Disco said:
I just saw the LR3 today as it passed me in traffic, and guess what? I don't like the look of it, and so far, am not impressed. When I finally get to suss out all the new electrical things that will go wrong; I'll be more than convinced. I guess I'm just a diehard D1 lover.
Agree 100%. I have never been a fan of the LR3, althought I hope they sell a ton to introduce new buyers to the LR brand,,,and make some money to keep the brand in business. I don't like the LR3 aesthetically, and feel it's a far cry from the LR spirit in terms of it's questionable off-road utility. Probably a good fire road runner but I don't think we'll be seeing many on the trail any time in the near future, if ever.

(Also agree w/ Series 3 guy,,,I don't want to see your ass :D )
:drink1:

·
Registered
216 Posts
i dont like the placement of the window controles on the front top side of the door. I know they got a bad wrap for them being on the console on D2's but i love them there. But, to move them to the top of the door? I dont get that much.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hailsharky said:
I admit I havent sat in one yet, but I say I agree with Halliday, the Series II is the best looking. Just wish it had more power going up hills.....
i hear people saying this alot. But, i have failed to see the lack of power thus far. What type of inclines are we talking here. My rpm guage barely moves moving up a good hill side at 70 on the highway. Off road i have seen some DII do some mighty steep climing in low.

·
4,576 Posts
I too am beginning to fall for this...LR3 thing...I feel that with a good tire replacement ( if there will ever be one ) and a snorkel ( that vent on the side would scare the crapolations out of me if I ever had to ford ) the LR3 would be a comfortable (<no more than that I believe) off-road vehicle.

Lots of swampy, muddy, watery areas down here in south FLA...how well would LR3 electronics put up with this?

But as SCSL mentioned, this vehicle is good for keeping LR in business so we must atleast appreciate it. I've seen a lot more of them so far so that's a good sign business-wise. Hopefully LR will realize that J**p is its competitor here and design a vehicle that says LR all over it, is simple enough to beat the crap out of onthe trails, perform repairs on the trails, and not let Ford interfere with the process.

For those who can answer this, please do. If the LR model line up does well enough, CAN they go off on their own again? I've notices that these days every automaker is owned by some other automaker and the indy's seem to only be the supercars.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Jeeze...either you guys are really hardcore or I'm just a friggen SLUT. I saw the LR3 unveiling at the US Equestrian Center,NJ. and I really liked it. the tech items are very cool.and the interior is a huge improvement over the DII.
I love the new design right up till the rear wheels, at this point I suspect the designers got very tired or a bad case of ADD. So I know exactly what some of you are referring to. I personally think the rear window is much to upright. If it layed back just a few more degrees it would have looked great.
We seriously considered leasing an LR3 and then because of these (and other) design issues, we decided against it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.