Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just converted to DAP 3" lift springs in my 93 RR LWB and when I go off roading I think I hear my shocks bottoming out just wondering if anyone else exeperence this same problem and if thats the case I am going to make a coustom shock extender so I wont have to listen to that nosie any more. So if you have any input it would be great. I also want to let you know that DAP seems to be a good company to go with cheapest I found and you can get the conversion for 2" and 3" for the same price $295.00 heres the link http://www.dap-inc.com/homeframe.htm

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Decker
If you only changed the springs and not the shocks then this will cause a problem. Your idea of making a shock extension is not the best idea as it will not have the best relasionship to that spring. The old shocks will match the compresion and extension of the old springs. the new springs being 3 inches longer will compress to a different length and also extend to a different length. The travel distance of the shock changes (distance from spring compresion to extension) not just the physical length of the shock. Hope this makes sense.
Adam

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Decker said:
well I just converted to DAP 3" lift springs in my 93 RR LWB and when I go off roading I think I hear my shocks bottoming out just wondering if anyone else exeperence this same problem and if thats the case I am going to make a coustom shock extender so I wont have to listen to that nosie any more. So if you have any input it would be great. I also want to let you know that DAP seems to be a good company to go with cheapest I found and you can get the conversion for 2" and 3" for the same price $295.00 heres the link http://www.dap-inc.com/homeframe.htm
I had the DAP Big Blue on my RR and the spring sag after a few years. BTW, they are not made by DAP, Bearmach makes them. Most of Bearmachs stuff is less expensive than other brands .... but you get what you paid for.

Do you mean "bottoming out" or "Topping out"? If you went with taller springs and kept your stock shocks than that might be a problem. What kinda shocks do you have?

You can make your own rear shock extensions for around 20 bucks. Just order a 2" receiver hitch extension from JC Whitney and cut them in two 1.5-2" sections and add to the bottom of the rear shocks. For the front shocks you might have to purchase a lower shock mount. Or just get longer shocks.

I found that the best lift combination with the BB springs is with Bilstein shocks. The springs are a bit soft so the stiffer shocks help with road handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.