Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I posted a thread " Convince me on a 110" well It turnen out to be a cracker, NRMAs words, not min. I picked it up friday after noon, threw my swag and basics in the back, picked up my mechanic mate, the doubting bugger that he is ( but a wonderful bloke) and went straight upto Stockton beach ( just North of Newcastle NSW Australia) and gave it heaps and heaps and heaps. The 110 did so well that we stayed up there beach fishing and the folling day we did it all again, and to top it all of i went home and slept all day then got to work semy fitting out the back with my fridge and camp kitchen and all the other camping garb, filled the huge long range tank. I think its 125 litres and set of for Sydney yesterday morning for a 173kms run to Sydney to do some drive by posing @ bondi beach, half a dozen flat whites and a feed later i was back in the beast and heading back up the coast to Newy for a well earned sleep. Un... Bloody.... believe....able. Thanks to all of you for getting me into this " wave at the other defender drivers buisness". I dont care what people say... the smile on my face is not from Sex........ its much better than that????? Its obviously been a while??? thanks again. Im off this mornig to see how far i can go on a full tank! ...Is that Brissy I can see on the horizon.
Craig :drive:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Good luck with your new truck, 110's are really great.
Have fun,
Mike J.
99D2

·
Registered
238 Posts
For something that looks like a white good on wheels, can leak like a rusted through gutter and can rattle worse than a well a rattle, the smile and joy that a defender brings to your face is like a child with their new toys a christmas it's just that it happens every time you hop in for a drive. :drive:
Adam

·
Registered
135 Posts
110 heaven

please god, one day may I own a 110 or 130.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Second that prayer...

..and please God, I want a 110 also.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have just realised that one should not be praying to god, but to the suits that keep their seats warm whilst working for banks, may one day they need some money in a hurry and be told "waffle waffle waffle" :mad:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey congrats on your motor mate! Hope you get many many many many thousands of miles out of it! What fun eh?

I love my defender! gorgrous vehicles!!

Cheers
Geo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
sounds great man. They really need to bring the 110's back to the us. They're just too good for words. But they should fit them with a bigger diesel. congrats!

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I want one too!
Had to pass up the last one I saw, 1985 Defender 110, $25,000 but it was ready for safari. I met the guy who bought it just last Sunday at the video store. It had skid plates in, 2.5 liter diesel, snorkel everything. He is very happy with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts