Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought a 95 disco. 110xxx miles. exterior is in great condition except for the crack in the windshield. interior is in good condition. she runs very smooth with no funny engine noises. i will post pics tomarrow. i noticed a little rattle from under the car. loose exhaust? i don't have alot of questions yet, but soon enough my new friends!!

thanks, fernando

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
A little rattle sounds like you may want to check your cats, they will rattle when bad especially when cold and at an idle.
Good luck with your new, used, truck.
Mike J.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
If you do need a cat, I have an extra one sitting in my garage. I think shipping is about 20 bucks. You can have it if you pay for shipping. That is, if you need only one.

Yes, apbtpetey...I haven't forgotten about those rear light guards! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roverX said:
If you do need a cat, I have an extra one sitting in my garage. I think shipping is about 20 bucks. You can have it if you pay for shipping. That is, if you need only one.

wow! twenty dollars for a cat! thats great! how do i tell if they are bad? i need to have it inspected within the next ten days (PA). i'm going to see if i get the window crack fixed tomarrow and i will also have a look under the car to see what the rattle is. if the cats (is there really two under there?) are bad i'm sure it won't pass inspection and that sucks! i will get back to you guys tomarrow, thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
platanos said:
wow! twenty dollars for a cat! thats great! how do i tell if they are bad? i need to have it inspected within the next ten days (PA). i'm going to see if i get the window crack fixed tomarrow and i will also have a look under the car to see what the rattle is. if the cats (is there really two under there?) are bad i'm sure it won't pass inspection and that sucks! i will get back to you guys tomarrow, thanks for your help!!!!

95 has two cats. Usually they are sold with the downpipe for about 5 -600 bucks - check AtlanticBritish.com to see what I mean. I bought two new cats when mine went out so I could build a custom exhaust but ended up getting a replacement for hella cheap from a rolled Disco.

I will look up the part number tomorrow so you can make sure it fits.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Disco Mike said:
A little rattle sounds like you may want to check your cats, they will rattle when bad especially when cold and at an idle.
Good luck with your new, used, truck.
Mike J.
Heh you guys should see my exhaust system, you would fall over and die of laughter, there are exhaust leaks at least in 5 places along the way to the muffler. The honey comb in the second CAT is loose, rattles when you add guess. I told my mom not to worry about it until inspection time comes around..

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Militant-Grunt said:
Heh you guys should see my exhaust system, you would fall over and die of laughter, there are exhaust leaks at least in 5 places along the way to the muffler. The honey comb in the second CAT is loose, rattles when you add guess. I told my mom not to worry about it until inspection time comes around..

Be carefull b/c you can **** up your engine if there is too much back pressure. Replace the cats asap and by now the muffler is probably partially clogged so go get a glass pack for 20 bucks from Kragen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$257.04 for windshield replacement from diamond auto glass. they come on tuesday to replace it. im gonna go look under the car. how do i tell if the cats are bad? is it something that is visible? i hope something is just loose :rolleyes:

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
platanos said:
You can tell if your cats are bad by crawling under your truck with a hammer(seriously) when the exhaust is cold, and lightly tap on each cat. If you here a rattle, like there are marbles inside then the honeycomb inside has broken up.

Congrats on your purchase, that is a good looking truck!

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
roverX said:

:complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain:

Seriously take your time with them. just give a heads up when you get to them.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
apbtpetey said:
:complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain:

Seriously take your time with them. just give a heads up when you get to them.

Here is one of them. I can't find the other. I will keep looking. It is part # RTC 9503 AS Are they the right ones?

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
roverX said:
Here is one of them. I can't find the other. I will keep looking. It is part # RTC 9503 AS Are they the right ones?
I dont think they are the ones. It looks a little different then the one I still have. The ones I had have a rubber piece that attaches to the outside of the rear fender and the guard has 2 bolts that go into the rubber piece. Then it has one bolt that is in the center of the guard that mounts right into the body on the back body panel.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
apbtpetey said:
I dont think they are the ones. It looks a little different then the one I still have. The ones I had have a rubber piece that attaches to the outside of the rear fender and the guard has 2 bolts that go into the rubber piece. Then it has one bolt that is in the center of the guard that mounts right into the body on the back body panel.

These attach directly to the lense - you actually pull out the lense and little flaps go behind it, then there are two bolts that go into the rear quarter panel area in predrilled holes with rubber spacers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.