Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Well, no matter what you think of the guy, he always has some good points and is usually pretty accurate on some of the tougher issues. My philosophy is this...you can flame me all you want as long as you give me what I am looking for. I can get past the flaming...it is kind of like a little yapper dog - you know, the kind little old ladies usually have - sometimes they get on your nerves but you just shoo them away 'cuz all they can do is yap.
Nonetheless, he has given me good advice in the past and I would welcome his opinion.
But this is just my two cents.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
He is a jackass.

However, he's right on his points regarding the Rangie air suspension's record on the trail. Very poor. Virtually unseen on rigs that see the off-road with any regularity. If you're gonna wheel it, I would strongly recommend a coil conversion. But that's just my friendly .02 :drink1:

It's become clear to me as I've gotten into some web forums during my sabatical, that some people are incapable of offering their thoughts on forums without being jackasses. Just ignore 'em.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had a quick read of that thread and have to agree with agro1 on the bag v coil issue.

Nobody in this area here uses airbags (EAS or whatever it's called in US) for off-roading.

All Rangies used off road have been converted to coils, and anyone with a Disco uses coils also, in fact LAnd Rover I believe stopped importing Air Bag Discos after 2001 because of frequent problems.

I had the 2005 Rangie for a test a few months ago and with no override system the height drops back to normal mode when exceeding 55kph, not very helpful whilst driving round a bowl in an attempt to get out when we need speeds of around 80kph to have enough momentum.

Give me coil springs anyday

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Coil upgrades are the best way to enjoy real off roading in the p38!! what is not cool is that agro chap.Surly there is a better way to get yer point accross without being a clown.Or a sarcastic clown. I am an ass and willing to concede that.Right time and place if you get my drift.......... :buttrock:

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have to love people that think their way is the best way. Personally, the offroading I do is 95% sand, and I can tell you I have gone through stuff using my EAS that I never could have with coils due simply to ground clearance. A couple times I even bottomed out in sand and the car popped up into the super-duper-extra-height mode and off I went. Had I been using coils, I would have been screwed. Also, a few times I have driven over trees that I could not have passed had I fitted coils. Anywho, to each his own, but I personally like the EAS.

-Coach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.