Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just went out and got myself the new 2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE. :D I pick this up tomorrow. I am very excited. :) I had a Range Rover before. I missed this car alot. so I went back to the Rovers.
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has installed XM Sttalight in there Land Rovers. How did you mount it.. Maybe the Radio is ready for XM already and I dont need to do this mounting.

Sincerely,
Lauren

·
Registered
3 Posts
New(almost) LR3 owner

Good luck!
I to am about to join the venerable" ranks",black HSE with all the goodies,
traded in a 2000ML 430 which I really disliked... quite a lemon!
Just had a XM Sky-Fi2 installed yesterday in my daily driver...and am duly impressed.The LR3 does not come with sat. radio but can be an aftermarket install,...Happy Trails !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a ML430 yes, mine was a LEMON also. I say that all the time also too. I traded in my ML for a Saab 9.5 Area. I crashed that. So I am still waiting on picking up my new LR3. Maybe Tomorrow or Monday. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Serius Satellite Radio in Series II

I have a 2001 Series II and have recently installed the Serius radio in mine...I am unsure of how your interior differs, but I put the receiver above the high/low range shift...where they put the sticker of how you should shift. It looks good there, not very obtrusive. Been happy so far with it...you can also take the receiver out easily to change from high to low or if you want to bring it inside with you. Later guys, J :beer:

·
Registered
75 Posts
White Beast - You won’t be disappointed! :D I managed to get a short drive in a pre-production one today through a friend-of-a-friend. Fantastic! The driving position :drive: is more like a big luxury car than an SUV, but it has the same off road ability as LR3. The looks are easier on the eye than LR3 too. A little like a Range Rover with a chopped roof. :clap:

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Rover

Hi 1955diesel:

May I ask what are the major changes for the 2006 Range Rover comparing to that of the 03 to 05? As for the "pre-production" that you drove, is it the new "baby" range rover? TIA.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry for the mix up :eek: , I was refering to "Baby Range Rover" which will be available next year. I'm not sure of the 06 changes to Range Rover, but I know it gets a whole new range of engines for 07 to put it ahead of the LR3 again.
The Baby Range Rover (Sport Rover?? :dunno: ) was vey impressive. An LR3 (shortened?) with a smaller, more Range Rover style, body. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all! :wave:
I'm new to this forum. Looks great.

I, too, will soon be the proud owner of a Java Black HSE LR3. My understanding of the unit in the LR3 is that it utilizes flash memory and can (eventually) be upgraded via the dealer to receive Sirius broadcasts....

Has anyone else heard something similar?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a silver on black SE for about three weeks now, its been great in all the snow we just got. Enjoy yours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts