Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kevin
9 Posts
Oh yeah, happened to me. Soaked everything inside real good. The shifter, parking brake, height, range selector, yada yada. All those nifty electronics that hate water. You can pop off the cover and try to dry everything off if you get to it quick. Maybe a hair drier to help. Just don't punch yourself in the face with the shifter knob when you pull it. If it stays damp in there corrosion will set in and a number of problems will manifest over time.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
This happened to my wife's car; is became very expensive......

·
kevin
9 Posts
Start by pulling off the handle of the shifter. Grip hard and pull up firmly. It will pop up and punch you in the face if you're not careful. Then just carefully lever the panel that the shifter goes through. Unplug the connections and you're good to go in there and clean everything up. Might be a good time to use some electronic cleaner and di-electric grease (available at parts stores) on the connections. Put everything back together just the way it came apart. Can't guarantee it will solve your problems, the damage may be done. And take my advice with a serving of salt. I'm no mechanic, and hopefully someone in the forum will give you better advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.