Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving back to the North East Coast and I am getting the warnings that my battery is on its way out. I need a new one ASAP. I heard that the latest bulletin from LR said you should get a battery with 950 CAA 90-100aH. Which brand should I buy?
Can I replace it myself? What should I watch out for when doing this?
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've been using interstate, I have averaged 2 years or so per battery. It's easy to do with simple tools. The battery is very heavy. This is the battery the dealer installed under warranty. It's only 720a though. There is absolutely no room for a physically bigger battery. It would be interesting to know what they are recommending.

Interstate Batteries Results Page - Automotive / Truck 2005 Land Rover LR3 V8/4.4L

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking of getting the battery by World Source 1 850cca.
I was told that the price is $230 + 30 for instalation plus tax thats $281. seems really high to me?

Dave

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told that there have been issues with leaks on LR3 batteries?
Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
My battery died while at Costco few months back... Went back inside and bought a Kirkland battery and it has been working great since.

Took my older battery for testing and it showed only as a 240CCA so it proved it was gone.

Changing battery is VERY easy...

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which Kirkland battery did you get?
Size and CCA?
Price?
Thanks,
Dave

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,
Dave

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My battery was the original battery from 2005. Wow it lasted about 8 years An Interstate battery. Got another Interstate, Installed and they cleared all the codes for $201.00
Dave

·
Registered
525 Posts
There you go, that's less than I paid, and I had to install it. I'm still curious about this more powerful battery though. I know the negative terminal has had an issue with off gassing at the post, I'm not sure why. It's important to check your ground cable (both ends) and if there is a sign of corrosion on it, replace it.

I used 3m Spray seal, which seems to have slowed down the effects of the corrosion issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just picked up a DieHard Advanced Gold group 49 (which fits perfectly... not a mm to spare in the width) for $143 after tax at Sears today. They are currently on sale for 25% off, though I don't know how long that will last. It's an AGM battery and I believe it stated 92Ah/170 min RC with somewhere around 850 CCA. Great stats IMHO. Time will tell if it's actually a good battery... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.