Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the problems that we've had (Rover is now up and running - YEA!) we blew the right catalytic converter (makes funny rattling noise in the coverter and rough running - different than before though). So now my question is what and where is a good reputable place to get a new (and not overly priced) catalytic converter from?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Mine went out today too........ But I believe i helped it by hitting it with a rock..... I'll let you know what I find also

· Registered
176 Posts
Glad to hear you are up and running!

So what was it that was not making your rover run?

I have an 89 as well :) and i had distributor issues when i first got it - we took off the rotor and killed the dizzy :( apparently it's best to break the rotor off rather than just pull it off....

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
I have a 1990 Range Rover that I am parting out. It has Catco cats and O2 sensors that are less than a year old welded to the down pipes. I you are interested I can separate them any way you like. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you photos. You can reach me at [email protected]

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Paul Grant said:
I have a 1990 Range Rover that I am parting out. It has Catco cats and O2 sensors that are less than a year old welded to the down pipes. I you are interested I can separate them any way you like. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you photos. You can reach me at [email protected]

How much for the driver side cat?
where are you at? what state?

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
I'm in CT. $50 for the cat plus shipping. As I mentioned in the post above, the previous owner had the entire system welded together so I will have to cut just below the cat to remove it. So, for $50 you get the downpipe from the exhaust manifold to just below the cat. The O2 sensor is supposed to be less than a year old if you are interested in that as well.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I don't really need one... But if it is no extra charge I'll take it....Do you know the cost of shipping? roughly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.