Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cover for my gas cap opening - not the gas cap, but the flap. Where can I find one?

I went out this morning and some little idiot has broken mine off.

Also, where can I find a locking gas cap? I've asked a few auto parts stores and they don't know.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Call the guys at Pikes peak rovers 719-636-3888 or www.pikespeakrovers.com or PM Silver Streak on this forum...He is one of the people that work there!!!!!

· Registered
1,971 Posts
call and haggle... :)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you . . .

everybody. I'll go in search of the cover.

oh, and, I don't know how to hagle - really. This is why my husband usually deals with stuff. If I don't think a price is fair I tell the person selling and move on.

· Registered
6 Posts
I'll tell you what I did to resolve this. If you have enough of the tab remaining, try fabricating a replacement piece and rivet it on Find a small piece of tin plate. A bit sliced off a can lid is usually strong enough. Drill holes for a couple of pop rivits (or one, if there isn't much left of the tab) and the hole for the actuator arm to penetrate. It's worked fine for me for a couple of years. If not, let me know, as I have a spare door (Olive green) with a good tab as a good price. Was waiting until the temp. fix failed, but as of yet, its still working fine.... good luck.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.