Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I just bought my 4th Rover (after selling the first one I ever bought last year), and I got the bad news today that one of the heads is most likely crakced. :bawling:

I have:

1987 3.5L with 285K....runs like top, looks like hell. Its my dog car....no need to keep it clean as it looks better when its filthy.

2000 Disco II that just turned 100K. I've had this one since around 50K. Its the LSE model, with ASC etc. A nice truck but a maintanence nightmare compared to the good ole Classics.

Now, the newbie. Its a 1991 Classic. It has 177K. I paid $1600 bucks for it. When I test drove it, it seemed to be in pretty good shape. It looks great and is a rare color (maroon). The interior looks like new, and everything works. Now....I took it in to get the steering box replaced, and my mechanic called to tell me that he suspects that the head may be cracked. I'm going to go ahead and have him pull it off to make sure. If it is indeed cracked, I think I may just invest the $$ and replace both heads, and if necessary the block as well.

Finally...my question: Does anyone have a good source for remanufactured heads? I've been searching the net and there seem to be quite a few resources, but I've never had to deal with anything that Atlantic British couldn't handle.

Thanks in advance guys!

· Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Brian Kennedy no doubt has one... [email protected]

He is in Reno... I have bought lots of this that type parts, and a diff, extra cv and drive shafts, all excellent condition and a really fair price.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.