Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking at 04 disco's in my area (Atlanta). If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. My parents have a range rover and they love it, sadly they dont like the disco. I just need some pros and cons about them b/c i want to get out of my current vehicle (ford explorer) and i have always loved the disco. :dunno: in other words i need some info to persuade the parentals.

· Registered
165 Posts
Well first of all I'm gonna tell you a little secret since you live in ATL and you're so close. Check out BVLR.com it's Bear Valley Land Rovers. They stack all kinds of mint condition low "gentley used" as they call it Discos, and Range's . Sometimes they keep defenders around as well. I haven't made it down there yet but I check their inventory online roughly twice a week, lol.
I'm also in the market for an '04 Disco. That is probably where I'll go. They have the best prices and if you look through thier tesitomnials, it seems like they're good buisness people. If you do look them up, please keep me informed on your opinion of thier buisness. Just curious what would differ between buying from them and a true Land Rover dealership.

Regardless, I've been doing research on these vehicles for a year now, because I wanted to prepare before I went into the buying process, and plus you know how fun window/internet shopping is...

First off it seems that if a Landrover isn't leaking oil it must be empty. I believe slight oil leaks among others are very typical of Rovers. Nothing major and some people decide to replace gaskets and seals anyways. A lot of leaks are generally due to heavy offroading. But some people with newer models still yet to have seen any leaks (02-04 models)

I've heard break jobs for these vehicle seem very pricey from the dealership. A lot of more mechanically inclined people as I've seen here on the forums chose to change thier own pads. It seems that it wouldn't be too bad to do at all.

As for other parts, they're definately in the higher price bracket, but I wouldn't say all that much more so than any other make of SUV.

Other than that, it seems they're tough as hell, can go anywhere virtually, and it seems on here, as with other Landy forums, once you go Land Rover you never go back. People upgrade thier old Landy's for new ones, and so on.

Sorry to ramble hope this helps, if you need some links to info or anything let me know, I've got bunches.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it. My best friend has a disco 2002 SE7 and he said that bear valley was a joke. But i recently stopped by there and was very pleased with their inventory and service. I would really like some links to help me research some more before i choose to buy my disco. Im also waiting until the new defender comes out in 07 or 08 im not sure but it will be awesome!!

· Registered
165 Posts
Just a quick response about BVLR.com post, it's my bad, but for some reason the website is down, for like the first time in 2 years... LoL or atleast i've never seen it down.

I know that Ford was giving them trouble over "Land Rover" name rights and were threatening to shut them down. Hope it didn't happen.

Anyone who's dealt with these guys, some responses about service/quality would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.