Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've decided to start looking for a Defender (NAS). If you've seen any of my posts before, you'd know I'm already a rover owner ('63 IIa), as well as a jeep nut ('95YJ built for rockcrawling and a '99XJ with mild 3" lift). I really like my XJ as my daily driver, but would love to replace it with a D90! All of my trucks have been built by me, and I'm not afraid of getting something with a few miles on it since I can do any work necessary which may come up with an older D90. HOWEVER, I don't really know much about what to look for when buying one. Unfortunately, my budget will be limited to about $20,000 if I decide not to sell the '63. And if I do, well, it'll hurt but at least I'll have around 7 or 8 grand to help fund this new vehicle. ...So getting back to the task at hand, what do I look for? I'm going to end up in the 1994-1995 range most likely with anywhere from 50,000miles right on up past 100,000miles. Do I need to be concerned about the transmission? I heard that's one of the problems.

Thanks!

Drew - Buffalo,NY :wave:

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
In your area of the country I would be concerned about rust. All I read about tells me the bulkhead rusts and needs to be galvanized, etc...
Sounds like your pretty handy and therefore I wouldn't worry about the mechanical stuff other than it being totally shot and you have to replace it.

I wish I had the money and time to do a 110.
:bawling:

Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah.. I almost forgot about Paul! Hmm.. I wonder if he might have some good leads on where to get one? :drink1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.