Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just using them for now lol. I want to put alloy's on it but I need to pick up some adapters so the will clear the extended axle flange on the old 110's

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Just using them for now lol. I want to put alloy's on it but I need to pick up some adapters so the will clear the extended axle flange on the old 110's
The extended area can be catered for by not putting the plastic centres on the alloys. Like I can't with the maxi-drive axles. But I think you will find the main issue is that the actual drive flange is a slightly large diameter than the Rangies and Discos, so some of the alloys will not fit. I think you can fit Disco steel rims if you file out the centre hole slightly.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I also just realised how rare your vehicle is. The 110 with the sliding windows was only made for 12 months and then they went wind up windows and one piece doors.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
PT was saying the same thing on the alloy's that some might clear it. I might do a bit of test fitting to see what works as I have some RRC 3 spokes laying around.

Didn't realize that was rare, I dig the slider windows. It adds to the quirkiness of the 110. Looks like the motor swap is moving up on the list. The 3.5 seems a bit tired.

That and sorting out the interior door handles, both my front ones seem to have decided to stop opening the doors lol.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
lol you may have a point but at least the bulkhead vents work well. I think the 3.5 breathed her last breath today though. Misfiring bad, showing signs of extreme blow by so the motor hunt has moved up on the list.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well the 3.5 is dead, I'm swapping in a RRC 3.9 here in the next few weeks. She has 45 pounds compression in one cylinder and another that is just a little better.

I'm ordering up a crower cam 50229 lifters new timing set etc to freshen the 3.9 a bit before it goes in. Will also be putting a new radiator in there at the same time.

I wish I could go diesel but my disposable cash was burned buying the 110 :D Unless someone has the marks 4wd adapters laying around for real cheap, if I had those I would be going 6.2 diesel for sure.

·
10,236 Posts
Playing catch up, Sweet rig. Congrats!

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Holy **** your alive

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The post before mine was by Funrover, I hadn't seen him on here in a couple years.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Today was a good day, got the alignment squared away, then the new rims and tires.

Before:

After:

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Perfect for the zombie apocalypse if it comes lol

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I guess I owe some serious updates on this thread, I thought I had been keeping up on here but apparently I was wrong.

The front seats have been redone, with gray leather seats out of a Windstar, with twin armrests lol. The headliner has been replaced and sound killer added to the roof. I picked up a TerraFirma overhead console and three led dome lights. Hope to get that in this weekend. I also just picked up some Land Rover OEM HD springs for her and the all new TerraFirma All-Terrain shocks for all 4 corners

She also now has a 3.9 out of a RRC, 230 cam, Edelbrock intake, with a Holley 4 barrel on top. New radiator and clutch while I was at it. She runs nice and strong now :D

Time for the pics...

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Oh and obviously I added a snorkel to

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I spent most of spring working on the MG getting her on the road, then keeping her going. Around August I got off my ass and started working on the 110. I tend to update the thread on the Lucky8 forum pretty regularly and on landroverforums.

Got the fronts done today with new shocks and springs. One shock turret was rotted out lucky for me being a long time Rover owner I had 3 or 4 on the shelf. So it was a grab and go fix.

It was a definite improvement, the ride quality is good. Better than OME/Blings I've ran in the past.

Of course anything would have been an improvement over the original land rover shocks I pulled out.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts