Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
-3 and I went out to play with it a bit more. I replaced all the turn/stop/marker lights with new lenses from our friends at Lucky8. It's amazing how much the new lenses improve the look. The old ones were clouded and cracked. Now you might even see my brake lights now lol.

No pics my fingers were to cold to get the touch screen on my phone to work lol

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
This is your first clue it's to cold to be outside working....

and a few pics of the new lights on the 110.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got the suspension done.

It was a tight fit backing her into the garage.

One side done. The fit was looking a little to tight for my liking. I had my wife come out before I moved it around to get to the other side to watch and make sure I didn't rip the garage door down.

And both sides done.

It raised the rear end about 2" that wouldn't be surprising except I put on stock springs..

Then I moved on to the leaking seal on the fuel level sender.

Then I washed it cleaned the garage up a bit and called it a night.

Forgot I finally found a use for the Woodland Camo ruck sack cover laying in the garage for years. Apparently a large ruck cover is more than big enough to cover a tire.

It was freaking cold out so I cleaned a bit around the garage and watched football. Found a pair of tail light guards I had picked up used about a year ago laying on the shelf so I went outside and installed them real quick. Everytime I look at the back of the 110 I want to find one of the series Land Rover emblems that are metal and say 4wd station wagon. Just always seem to miss out on them.

I also filled the gas tank all the way up for the first time in a year. Anything above about half before and it leaked fuel hence the repair yesterday. Fingers crossed so far so good no fuel leaking anymore.

My wheel spacers should be here tomorrow, so I can get those on and be able to run center caps on my rims and have full lock to lock steering back. Tires are rubbing on the radius arms now.

Pic of the light guard installed.

Crappy night cell phone pics I know....

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
So my front wheel spacers showed up today, so out into the 7 degree afternoon I went and installed them. The 110 definitely has a wider more aggressive looking stance with the spacers.

I tried to take pics but it was getting dark and my phone said it was to cold for the flash to work...

So you just get pics of the spacers.

and my ice tea that was out there with me, for 45 minutes....

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I warmed up my phone a bit and decided to try and take a few pics the front tires have the spacers and rears do not yet. They will hopefully be here in the next few days.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Finished up the basis for my tablet mount, need to do a bit of finishing work to make it look a bit more presentable but it's functional for now.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I went back out in the snow and sound deadend my driver and passenger door. Put the door panel back on and then installed a new switch plate cover so my dome light switch doesn't dangle from the wires anymore. You can also see the fog light switch that I mounted where the choke cable used to go.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ok so the updates as of late have been slow since it got to cold in Chicago to go outside let alone work out there.

The second day of the cold snap I had a intake manifold gasket fail and I had to fix that. PTSchram described it as to much crank case pressure. I think it flooded gas into the oil and fumes ignited :eek:

So while I was at it I replaced a few coolant hoses, thermostat and gasket as well.

Turned out the battery was shorting internally as well so a new interstate battery went in today as well. Luckily the old one was still under warranty so it was free to replace :D

Finally I put my rear spacers on and did a oil change. I'll take some better pics of the after with the spacers on tomorrow in the daylight.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got the over head TerraFirma console and a stereo installed and wired.

Well when it rains it pours. Along with the water pump it looks like the front diff is in the process of eating itself. Over the last 2 days I had noticed a vibe and a rumbling coming from the front of the 110. So of course I figured it was U-joints got under there and looked and they are solid. I noticed there was a lot of slop on the front diff when turning the shaft by hand. So I pulled the drain plug and out poured a really metallic version of diff lube. So I'm going to be pulling a spare front diff out of the old RRC parts truck and swapping it in.

Need to get the water pump ordered. I was also debating a new fan and clutch but I think instead I'm going to install a thermostat controlled electric fan along with a manual over ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is good to know! I am sure you made the right choice here!

Also, for some reason, I am unable to see any of the pictures you have shared here! Please do share a link to them as I would love to see your mean machine!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts