Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may have a problem. My right rear tire is wearing exponentially faster than all the others on the hard inside. When I sit behind the car the right rear tire looks tone inwardly canted more than the rest. I would not call it extreme but I would call it a potential diagnosis. Had anyone seen something like this? I am taking it in Monday. I am going to have to have a tire! But.... It's an excuse to buy new grabbers. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I may have a problem. My right rear tire is wearing exponentially faster than all the others on the hard inside. When I sit behind the car the right rear tire looks tone inwardly canted more than the rest. I would not call it extreme but I would call it a potential diagnosis. Had anyone seen something like this? I am taking it in Monday. I am going to have to have a tire! But.... It's an excuse to buy new grabbers. Thoughts?

I have the same issue but it beat up 2 new tires in less than 6 months. Inside on both rears are to the threads. Guessing they didnt do something when I got new tires. I guess ill find out monday....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well good things about machines is that they are fixable. I need new control arm bushings as well. Love truck but I need to work out some bugs. It sat up for a year bf I bought it in an estate. Pitiful

·
Registered
22 Posts
Control arm bushing are a fairly regular item to replace on this machine. 108k on mine and have done th front 3 times and the back once. It is just a heavy vehicle. I also have to get it 4 wheel aligned yearly to keep it running straight. I do off-road mine pretty hard so frequency of those items will vary depending on how you drive it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The LR3's are very sensitive to bushing failure and proper alignment. I'm having mine aligned every 6 months no matter what because it's well worth it in the long run. An alignment should basically be like routine maintenance on these things IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.