Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
how much are they and what kind of MPG does it get.

I like it.

Looks like a something Cobra (Gi Joe) would have to roll in.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hailsharky said:
how much are they and what kind of MPG does it get.

I like it.

Looks like a something Cobra (Gi Joe) would have to roll in.
5....... 5 gallons per mile that is........lol

·
Too much money,not enough sense
148 Posts
No...I want one of these instead

Bad ass
Marcus

·
Registered
222 Posts
If I won the lottery and had enough land to use it on, I'd get one of these:

It's an Alvis Stalwart.

They were built as support vehicles for the British Army in the 1960s and designed to carry 8 tons of cargo across any terrain AND water.

Engine- 6.5 litre Rolls-Royce straight-8 petrol, 220 horsepower.

It weighs 5 tons unladen.

They have permanent 6-wheel-drive, with no differentials so you can't really use them on the road without breaking them. They'll top about 50 mph.

They are fully amphibious, with twin in-board Jetdrive units that mean it can swim at up to 5 knots.

Miles to the Gallon? Probably more like Gallons per Mile, but surely one of the most capable off-road vehicles!?

Jack

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i believe it was one of those things that took me and my family to a small island off Mazatlan when i was a kid. my wife and i also rode something similar through the banana fields and foothills of Costa Rica en route to a river trip. slow crawlers, but nothing got in the way.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Those trucks are sweet.. where do I sign up?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I want this........

I want one of these............Behind that Classic Rover in the other post.. :buttrock:

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
DallasRover said:
I want one of these............Behind that Classic Rover in the other post.. :buttrock:

Finally one I think I might be able to afford the gas for...the others would never get driven because I couldn't swallow the $180.00 dollars a pop to fill the monsters up...lmao

I guess they would look cool parked in front of the house though...lmao

Man one of those boats would look good behind an XD as well.

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
Badger1 said:
Hey if you guys like all that stuff all you need to do is join the military! Been there done that and got to drive all sorts of cool stuff, thanks to the American taxpayer. :D The taxpayer even got to pay for it when I broke it!!!
Naw I will pass on that one...I just don't find the scenery in Iraq pleasing. lol

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DallasRover said:

DALLAS!!! I seriously do want one of thsoe...AB INflatables is the way to go...they are Italian made if im not mistaken....I have a guy in Fort Lauderdale wanting so sell his to me in 6k for a 19footer....BRAND new they are like 12k....I want one in either that Yellow, with the Light bar at the back, and with Two Hondas or Yamahas pushing it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.