Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to take off the airdam and end caps today.

Took me all of 20 minutes, 10 of those trying to wrestle it off without breaking anything but it didn't quite work out that way. I ended up breaking off some of the tabs on the airdam, but still kept all of it in one piece.



after


Finally, I didn't want to get rid off the side markers, so I made a quick hole on the bumper and screwed it on there.


Random retard quote while drilling the hole on there:
Me: Damn, I didn't realize that drilling on metal would be this loud. They should have a warning label that says "use ear protection"
Friend: Dude... I'm pretty sure they do...
Me: Well, I didn't hear anything about it :D


I didn't know if I was going to like it, but now that it's done, I love it. It really does change the look of the Disco, and it actually makes it look taller than it is.

:drink1:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Endcaps

DiscoTex said:
So I decided to take off the airdam and end caps today.

Took me all of 20 minutes, 10 of those trying to wrestle it off without breaking anything but it didn't quite work out that way. I ended up breaking off some of the tabs on the airdam, but still kept all of it in one piece.



after


Finally, I didn't want to get rid off the side markers, so I made a quick hole on the bumper and screwed it on there.


Random retard quote while drilling the hole on there:
Me: Damn, I didn't realize that drilling on metal would be this loud. They should have a warning label that says "use ear protection"
Friend: Dude... I'm pretty sure they do...
Me: Well, I didn't hear anything about it :D


I didn't know if I was going to like it, but now that it's done, I love it. It really does change the look of the Disco, and it actually makes it look taller than it is.

:drink1:

You can leave the end caps on and trim them ,gives it that quasi factory look
 

· Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I know about the end caps, but I don't want to mess with it in case I ever have to sell it. I dunno, maybe I'll change my mind about it later, but I really like it the way it is.

But thanks for the kudos y'all :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
DiscoTex said:
Yup, I know about the end caps, but I don't want to mess with it in case I ever have to sell it. I dunno, maybe I'll change my mind about it later, but I really like it the way it is.

But thanks for the kudos y'all :D
Can i have the endcaps in your Avatar :D :buttrock:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
Sweet....Now lets go wheeling..... I like the shot with the green light...Looks sweet.... Welcome to the Modified rover club
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
I like it with the endcaps........besides it wouldn't even pass inspection here in NJ without them.
Either way I'm sure you will love it next time you are off road.
 

· Member
Joined
·
2,687 Posts
lshill05 said:
I like it with the endcaps........besides it wouldn't even pass inspection here in NJ without them.
Either way I'm sure you will love it next time you are off road.
Why wouldn't it pass NJ inspection w/o them? I passed with an aftermarket bumper, lift, snorkel, winch, limb risers, etc..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funrover said:
I like the shot with the green light...Looks sweet.... Welcome to the Modified rover club
I just noticed that... lol, I think that's an effect from the flash. I'm going to see if I can recreate it when I get home because you're right, it does look sweet. :buttrock:

:D
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
rmuller said:
Why wouldn't it pass NJ inspection w/o them? I passed with an aftermarket bumper, lift, snorkel, winch, limb risers, etc..
They would fail him for the exposed sharp and unfinished corners on the bumpers without the endcaps in place. Up here I have seen them fail cars and trucks for unbelievable ****. My friends and I use to have our cars inspected when we were down the shore cause' they were much easier on us.......go figure!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top