Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently testing a '99 Disco II that's had one previous owner; the vehicle has 85,300 miles on it. It appears to have been well-maintained and our auto technician will be checking it out tomorrow for mechanical integrity. Having had no previous experience with Land Rover vehicles, I'd like to know what to expect for future longevity, assuming continued proper maintenance. It would be used in the southeastern US for local commuting and some extended trips; no off-roading. High mileage is the main concern. I appreciate any and all responses!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I own a 99D2 and have good results with it. Keep the fluid up and maintanied and you should be fine.
They will leak a little oil some times, but that's OK. Have your mechanic check the head gasket leaks would be my only suggestion. Also make sure the front u-joints have been changed out and the new ones have greae fittings, sepecially the double cardon set closest to the t/case.
How much are they asking for the truck?
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That is a steal!
MikeJ.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds a great price if the truck is as clean as you say. One recently for sale locally, about 20 thou US. I have had my '99 disco since new and have had few problems. Now have 93000 kms up. A lot of off roading. Certainly no oil leaks tho' I have had alternator problems and recently replaced the fuel cooler assembly. But who can tell with Landies!!
Buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.