Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took to shop. Diagnosed as combination of old fuel filter and bad pressure regulator. 95 LWB 146k. Parts replaced so far..new fuel pump 2 yrs ago, new fuel filter and new fuel pressure regulator today. Still has rough running. Injectors new 2 months ago; new plug wires, cap, rotor, lambda sensors 2 months ago. Initial fault codes were 36 & 44. Initially you could smell gas prior to changing fuel filter and pressure regulator. Now that is better but still not running right. :helpHELP

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Hmmmm...the only thing you didn't mention that I did after suffering the very same symptoms was swapping out the ignition amplifier for the GM remote unit (lots of write-ups on that standard fix on this site), and replacing the temp sensor for the fuel ECU (may have that description wrong, but it's an easily-replaced sensor either on the upper rad hose right in front of your face when you open the hood, or at the base of the hose near the thermostat housing, can't remember which).

Both swaps are fairly easy and fix common problems. Ignition module problem caused random stalling, and bad temp sensor caused fuel flooding 'cause engine sensed a cold engine. I remember the fuel smell, and now, many miles later, my passenger-side cat is ruined because of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts