Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are constant noises coming out from my Tensioner and the Pulley below. I think I need to change them to be safe. I still have the stock on with 68K miles.
Do you think I should just changes all 3 of them since I am in there?

Has anyone tried to buy locally like Napa, Advance auto etc? I can get from AB but they are just OE replacement like everyone else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I pulled the bearing out of the same pulley as the one you are talking about and took it to NAPA and they read the serial number off it and sold me a new one. Been good for the past year.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I found the tension pulley (Dayco) at Advanced for 19 bucks and swing by the LR dealership picked up that 70mm pulley for $40. To my surprise that was not the crappy plastic Pulley. it was heavy metal pulley goes right under the tension.

I wonder if I have to take the Fan out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You don't have to take the fan out, but it's a bit tight.

I would also replace the entire tensioner mechanism.

I had an idler fail (no noise, no warning) and throw my belt while on the interstate. Before I could blink it overheated my truck. I was very lucky to have a friend who lived nearby or I'd have been stranded. After that, I replaced the other idler and tensioner just to have piece of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.