Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 D2 is running rough and having the following codes : P1300, P0300, P0301, P0306. I did some research and a lot of things could lead to those codes.
Since cylinders 1 and 6 are a pair, my first thought is the ignition coil pack. I am getting the coil pack today and installing it tomorrow. I have done it before and I know it will take hours.
I do observe some oil stain at the covers (both left and right sides). Could a bad rocker cover gasket also cause those codes?
Purple Hood Electrical wiring Cable Electric blue

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive tire Purple Automotive lighting Bumper Gas

·
Bleeds Green
144 Posts
It's not likely a leaky rocker gasket will cause those codes. Check the plugs, wires and replace the coil pack and see if that clears it up.

Reactions: ctang101

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not likely a leaky rocker gasket will cause those codes. Check the plugs, wires and replace the coil pack and see if that clears it up.
It turned out it was spark plug wire #6 got bitten by a rat. I put in new wire and my D2 is now as good as new. Thanks.
Road surface Asphalt Tar Plastic bottle Gas

·
Bleeds Green
144 Posts
It turned out it was spark plug wire #6 got bitten by a rat. I put in new wire and my D2 is now as good as new. Thanks.
Those little guys can do so much damage. I once had one chew a hole in the side tank of the radiator on my BMW. Found the little jerk dead under the car after guzzling the sweet death juice. Good riddance, for sure. It'd be wise to look around under the hood and for additional damage. Check for evidence of them being inside under the dash too - they may leave droppings. Chewed wires are a ticket to the "Discovery on fire" show that nobody wants to attend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts