Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody. Has anyone replaced an ignition lock on there p38 before? Here's the story. Like a dumb ass I forgot to arm my car one night. The next day my alpine deck, sub woofers, and cd changer is gone. That was bad but the worst part was they tried to steal the car by sticking a screwdriver into the ignition and messing the whole thing up making my keys useless. I ordered a new ignition from range rover which took almost a month. I was lucky because using my vin all they did was make a new ignition from that so I could use my same keys. Thank god range rovers are hard to steal. Unfortunately that same security is keeping me from installing the new ignition. I cant figure out how to take the old one out. Being my only means of transportation I gave up trying to do it myself but since my keys don't work I cant get her out of gear to have her towed to the dealer and all the locksmiths Ive called is not willing to do it because its a "range rover" and they don't have experience with em. :mad: So I feel like I'm pretty stuck. I love my range but she's driving me crazy! Any help would be great...

· Registered
76 Posts
What year is the truck,did you get the eletrical bit attached to the lock.If so unplug and plug into the new lock and use the key to turn on the ignition.
Or just cut the old lock off the steering column.Not sure about NA vehicles but if you put a fuse in number 11 in the fuse holder on the side of the drivers seat then the transfer box will go into neutral and allow towing.A word of caution though this is only good for a short distance as the gearbox has no oil supply with the engine off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.