Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ignition went out a few weeks ago. I turned the key something went pop and it no longer works. Pullled it and looked at it and there's nothing fixable. I need a new one. I've talked to a Rover breaker in town and they want $300 and a month or two to come up with one.

My question is: Will an ignition from the UK work in an NAS truck? I don't know if their ignition is on the left like ours seeing as I've never been in one. They're like $75 or less over there and that's a big enough difference to make it worth waiting for it to get here.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I have to assume you are speaking about the Ignition lock mechanism that bolts onto the steering column, and yes, they are the same, on the left side of the wheel. Are you certain yours is shot? I had mine rebuilt by an auto locksmith and it's been fine ever since. Nice to be able to use the same key as supplied by the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.