Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you who have either a rod lift or IID tool lift and are running your LR3 with a lift and larger tires full time - what do you think of the ride quality? Is it basically just the same feel as driving in the normal off road mode before the vehicles lowers itself back down in terms of stiffness, cornering, etc.?

Thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
It probably has more to do with the wight of the 33s I'm running, but i've noticed since doing my lift and putting on the bigger tires she can be a handful when you hit rough terrain at speed. Also, don't expect to be able to turn as quickly or as sharply without the stability control kicking in. Otherwise, if your not driving it like a sports car, the ride stays pretty smooth.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info. I would be running 31.5's most likely so probably wont' feel as much of a difference as you do but that stuff is good to know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The ride with the Johnson Rod lift is not much different than the stock mode. You will be satisfied with the ride and off road performance. 33 are too big. I recommend 32" for greater articulation. Check here for tire and rim sizes that work together. Click on Tire Size Chart. LR3 Lift Kit - Johnson Rods - Range Rover Sport Lift Kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts