Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna be in Vermont Monday night to Thursday night (8/15-8/18) visiting my parents. Will be staying in Woodstock.. might take my dad's new BMW X5 and cruise some back dirt roads.... any suggestions?

Serg

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
In an X5?.....1st go to Starbucks, pick up a latte. 2nd carry your wife's purse while she shops. 3rd. go antiquing ( again carry wife's purse ) and last take it off-road across someone's lawn ( purse optional ).

·
2,986 Posts
I dunno about on trails, but I was up in block island a few weeks ago, and my uncle took his X3 on the beach along with my disco and he did well.. they have some sort of traction control system in there, and it had some ATs on it.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know.. I am kidding.. I am not really gonna beat the old man's new X5 with some off road craziness.

Actually am in the process of buying a used X5 for my girlfriend.. err.. helping her buy one.. They are VERY nice.. I love BMW's. Not really off road worthy, but a great all around car like SUV.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
lshill05 said:
In an X5?.....1st go to Starbucks, pick up a latte. 2nd carry your wife's purse while she shops. 3rd. go antiquing ( again carry wife's purse ) and last take it off-road across someone's lawn ( purse optional ).
hmmm... sounds like someone's speaking from experience.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
GriffSC said:
I'm just jerk'n ya.....I love BMW's they build some of the best engines in the world (which is exactly why I bought an '05 RR). I think the X5 is an outstanding truck, particularly the 4.4 and 4.9? models. It just doesn't have the off-road capabilities of the land rovers.
And just to set the record straight Griff........I am a real man, and I absolutely refuse to carry my wife's Louis!!!!!! (I do however occassionally carry her mini dachshund Gryph.) :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
GriffSC said:
He sure is speaking from experience. :D Don't lshill05 tell you different. :lol:

It is more like carry the purse and the dog. :D :D :D :D Real dogs walk themselves! :D :D :D :D :D

LMAO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.