Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Returning Rover
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! It's good to be back. After trading in my last lr2 for a sweet Mini Cooper S I remembered why I was in an SUV. Potholes, broken concrete, huge expansion joints are really hard on short sidewall, run flat tires. I can drive down the trail, jump a curb, drive through a bit of water rather than seeking higher ground, etc. Just picked up a sweet Evoque coup. I'm happy. Anyone want to buy a Mini Cooper S?

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
I always say stuff that I experienced in my d2 that is very unsafe...but it happened and proved its worth on all these occasions.

I was in a hurry to work as always on a 4 lane hwy with a median. Speed limit here is 75mph now which means 80...85 if you're in a hurry like this day. A car in front close in front of me crossed into the other lane and slightly hit the ford truck in the left lane in the back quarter panel. The truck broke loose and with traffic behind me fixina run through the back glass of the disco I decide to ditch it. I pulled right to the non mediated shoulder and when I hit the grass I looked down and realized 80mph. In wet grass I mashed the pedal and whipped right around the accident. I spent 3-4 seconds off the road doing 80mph with my foot in it and it handled like a trophy truck. The ditch wasn't too smooth either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts