Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
The car in question is a Freelander 2, diesel motor and manual transmission. It was bought new from Europe few years ago and now I brought it to United States - New York City more precisely.

The problem is I don't have a document to confirm EPA's requirement and the vehicle was only temporary imported because of the missing environmental and safety documents regarding the US requirements. what can I do about these? where can I get them from or is it possible to have the vehicle modified in order to comply with the requirements? :confused

thank you,

Tib

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
There is no documentation on that vehicle in the states. It was never ran through the testing by Land Rover because it wasn't sold here in that configuration. No federalization and not over 25 years old means it will have to leave or be destroyed.

Converting it over would require a lot more money than shipping it home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ArmyRover that would be the last thing I want to do, to send it back
I'm still hoping Land Rover US would confirm that the vehicle complies with the US requirements.. I'll have the car inspected in few days

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
That's the problem it doesn't comply. The diesel in it was never federalized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.