Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I have finished uni for the year and am planning my first beach trip in my landie at the end of the week. I have been steadily working on the beast the last few months.
I have one problem at the moment though, after a massive down pour of rain last week, my indicators stopped working. I checked the fuses under the steering wheel, one was blown. I replaced it but they still didn't work, and the fuse didn't blow again. I have checked the switch and it's ok. I have unpligged all the indicators and what I have found is this. If i turn an indicator on and have one indicator plugged in with out the bulb, there is power there, but if I put the bulb in, it doesnt work! Also the power does not fluctuate. I have tried another bulb, cleaned the contacts. I replaced the flasher unit about 3 months ago aswell.
Any ideas? Is this common? I am not real good with electrics and I am stumped as to what to could be wrong. :dunno:
Thanks for all your help

Dick

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dick with the indicator on and the plastic cover off try pushing the light futher into the holder the spring at the base of theholder might not be strong enough????

If not try another indicator stalk/horn

Adam :beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts