Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

For years i have been into VW's - Got 9 of them Split busses, campers beetles ...

Any way, I like old (tax free) cars and always fancyed a LR. I buy most of my cars from Ebay and last night I saw a S2 68 LWB pickup, was cheap and local, so I bought it ! :) Got it delivered tonight.

Now I havent seen it in the light but I know it needs work. Some bits missing, chassis needs attention etc.

As I am new to the LR scene I thought I would do a google for S2 spares and sites. Found loads for newer LRs but not for the older ones.

I am interested in links to sites that show...

The history of LR
How to maintain / repair them
Where to buy spares / repair panels etc.
Local clubs

I am in coventry . west mids

Any info is much apreciated

Thanks
Rich

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
This forum is all over.
Im from South Africa, guys here from the UK, USA,Australia, NZ, Mainland Europe, South America, Mid East; take your pic.
Were ever Landys are driven.

The Series Forum is a very good place to post questions, a lot of the guys do their own work and have the experience to help.
Also get a Manual (There is one or two links on the Series forum where you can download manuals for free!!)

Any case Welcome to our Land Rover world ITS GREAT FUN!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tusses,
Yep, the "Green Bible" is indespensible in repairing your truck. Most everything can be done in the home shop if you have enough time, money, patience and beer.

Here's a good site to get you going:
http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Series/index.html

Yes, most Series people work on their own trucks, not only because we're cheap bastards, but it's easy and actually a lot more fun than working on modern vehicles.

Welcome aboard, and get your significant other used to 90wt now...soon it'll be what all your clothes reek of...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that !

I am already used to being covered in various oils and greases from the VW's !

From the info on that link, I have figured that my chassis number relates to a late 67 Suffix D.

I am trying to find an eploded diagram of the chassis sections, labeled.
I have had a good loock round mine and it needs lots of welding !!

When I have found out what all the bits are called I can order some repair sections and make the rest and start welding.

The engine/gearbox is good

There are NO brakes except the hand brake

The wiring needs sorting.

But - for 100 uk pounds I am very pleased :)

Couple o weeks welding and it should be on the road.

Cheers
Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.