Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't think it's tooth off, I tried to make sure the marks were perfectly aligned when putting it back together, but I suppose it's not out of the question. However, the power isn't shifted to the higher part of the rev range, it seems to be and extremely flat curve, with no real difference at all in grunt when pulling from 2K all the way to 4.5K. It makes a lot of noise, but there's no change in power. It doesn't feel sluggish immediately off the line, but it feels like whatever oomph it's got at 2K is all it's got for the whole rest of the rev range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Kickdown cable seems to be fine, if I bury my foot it drops a gear and winds up, it just doesn't go anywhere. More noise, no more movement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was wondering about the TPS, it revs smoothly, but very slowly. What would be the symptoms of a blockage, and by that do you mean cats? If I just twist the butterfly on the throttle body it revs up, but the response is very delayed. I can blip the throttle (by hand) and it doesn't really leave idle. It takes a solid 1-2 seconds before it responds to the throttle opening, and it revs very slowly. When opening the butterfly wide open from idle in neutral, it takes about 4-5 seconds to go from idle to (near) redline.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The slight stall when reving is normal
I knew a guy who had a similar problem
I thought it was clogged cats
But it turned out to be the tps causing
His problem
He replaced it and got his power back

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check for a vacuum leak. and the vacuum line tee, in front of plenum, and the vac line to the fuel regulator. also the big Vacuum line behind the plenum for leaks. I use propane to find vacuum leaks ...clogged or blocked muffler/tail pipe..incorrect ignition timing.. The distributor could be 180 degrees off as well.. vacuum advance perforated or the line leaking to it, .. My ignition wires go bad every year also..what is the idle rpm? I run the pertronix dist. fixed a number of problems I had..clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump will show correct pressure at fuel rail, but cant deliver enough fuel under load..hope you solve it.. and yes I almost forgot..temp sending unit in intake manifold, and the final weird thing it could be what is your coolant level? two hoses run to place under plenum intake area. if coolant is low,,or NOT VENTED properly on filling it will never run correctly. read about adjusting the TPS, in forum or at atlantic british web site . need volt meter.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts