Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes my first post;
I have an 04 DII with 148,xxx on the clock. I have replaced the coolant lines, heater core, spark plugs (E3), spark plug wires (magnacore 8mm), I'm running AMS oil in both the engine and the transmission. It started throwing P0202 and P0302 recently but only after it gets hot (used to be about 20 minutes of run time but now it's down to 6-7 minutes). I've run seafoam through it a little while ago and it currently has royal purple fuel system cleaner in it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've run nothing but 93 octane in it since I bought it (bought a year and a half ago. I've been thinking of back pinning the the injector harness to run a small LED light to see if it quits sending signal to the injectore but I'm also of the mind that if I'm going to have it apart I should just replace the injector(s) anyways. Any advise I can get will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info on the issue: It was having this problem before I replaced the plugs and wires. I did a lot of research on the forum before putting this out there. I understand that it's pretty rare for an injector to fail, hence the plug and wire change along with the fuel system cleaner. There are no other fault codes. there are no other issues with it driving or running. I have not done a leak down test or compression test. The charging system is doing what it should be. The coil packs were replaced right before I bought it so they're still fairly new. When I had the upper plenum off to replace the plug wires I checked the harness for any pinches, shorts or bare wires, other than the ones required to unplug to get the upper plenum off there were no other plugs disconnected. Not sure if I missed anything, again any advise will be greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.