Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys think this is a good deal at $24k??

FOR SALE
1995 Land Rover Defender 90 Selling this well equipped and cared for Defender 90 to make room for a Series restoration project.

I am the original owner of this well maintained California vehicle. The odometer reads ~88k miles and while it has been off road, the truck shows very little wear. I have made a handful of well-researched functional upgrades to the truck, but have been careful to keep the basic factory appearance and ride. Very straight and ready for rush hour or the Rubicon...

Factory Options:
  • Safari Cage
  • Rear bench seat
  • Soft top
  • Surrey top
  • Wing-top protectors
  • Steering protector (front skid plate)
  • Rear tail light protectors
Upgrades:
  • SMSI Moab winch bumper & brush gaurd
  • Warn XD9000i winch
  • Hella 550 fog lamps (130w bulbs)
  • Hella H4 headlamps (55/130w) running on Painless Wiring heavy duty wiring harness (factory wiring untouched)
  • Safari Gard differential gaurds
  • Safari Gard rock sliders
  • Off-road shop rear quarterpanel protectors
  • Front & Rear ARB air locking differentials
  • Ashcroft 4.11 ring & pinions
  • Fabritron heavy duty tie & track rods
  • Ready-Air engine driven air compressor w/ custom 2.5g tank mounted above rear propshaft (100% duty cycle, 150psi)
  • Tuffy center console with custom air locker controls and internal mounts for CB and speaker (I still have the cup holders and standard ARB locker control switches. So you can easily unbolt my locker controls and mount the cupholders.)
  • Midland CB radio with 12ch weatherband and removable faceplate inside center console
  • Desert Rover suspension w/ Rancho RS9000 shocks and OME springs (~1.5 inch lift)
  • Stainless steel braided brake lines
  • 33" BFG M/T tires
  • Safari Gard High-Lift rear tire mount
  • Hella Matador 55w work/reverse lamp with custom mount
  • Safari Gard CB antenna mount modification to spare tire carrier
  • Custom Dana Spicer drive lines
  • Pro-trak cargo retention system
  • Rockware reinforced trailing arms
  • Rockware 1" wheel spacers
  • Optima red top gel cell battery
  • VDO programable speedometer
  • Warn receiver shakle (rear recovery point)
New OEM transmission built by Ashcroft in England, updated OEM transfer case (Disco SII design which has superior oil flow over the original), new clutch, distributor cap, ignition wires, master cylinder, poly bushings (soft), OME steering damper and front ARB.

The vehicle is badge #3110 (possibly the last soft top of '95). It's ready for the toughest trails and yet straight and clean for use as a daily driver. No holes in, or cuts made to, either the exterior or interior.

Also available:
  • Factory service manual w/ supplements
  • Mantec Snorkel (not installed)
  • Fabritron jointed trailing arms (not installed)
  • 15x8" Steel wheels (not installed)
  • Spare parts
$24,000.00
All records and receipts available.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From the photos you have posted, that's a very nice unit. The mods alone are worth a lot of money. I'd go for it if I was on the lookout for a new vehicle.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
That price looks very very good to me based on the pics,,, although obviously you'll want to take a closer look. Based on the mod list, it's a very good near-stock build-up without any un-necessary height. One good way to check the amount of off-roading this rig has done is to examine those SG diff guards. If they are noticably scraped up on the bottom you'll know it's seen rocks. One nice thing about buying older LRs in Cali is minimal rust issues compared to back East,,, I saw a beautiful 90 for sale,,,in Buffalo!!,,,that I would be afraid to touch.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
While the price is pretty much in line with most 95 D90s, the seemingly well thought out list of additions makes it all the more attractive. Often, sellers are inclined to recouped their investment in accessories, by adding it all up and tacking it onto the price of the truck. It may seem fair from a seller's perspective, but often, the accessories aren't what the new owner might have added, and is paying for stuff he didn't really want. None of the items you listed seemed frivolous, and together, they make this a pretty well equipped 90.

·
Registered
346 Posts
TerryS said:
While the price is pretty much in line with most 95 D90s, the seemingly well thought out list of additions makes it all the more attractive. Often, sellers are inclined to recouped their investment in accessories, by adding it all up and tacking it onto the price of the truck. It may seem fair from a seller's perspective, but often, the accessories aren't what the new owner might have added, and is paying for stuff he didn't really want. None of the items you listed seemed frivolous, and together, they make this a pretty well equipped 90.

I agree with TerryS - the price seems inline with what you would pay for a well kept '95 with 88,000 miles, but you would be getting some well thought out additions. My only caution is that I don't think you would invest in those mods if you weren't going to do a fair amount of serious off roading. I would spend some time underneath it to get a feel for how it was treated.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I need to mull it over... I don't do much off roading, thus it might be a waste for me to buy it... but it sure looks good. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Disco said:
From the photos you have posted, that's a very nice unit...
Huh huh, you said "Unit"

I think it looks like a great deal. The prices of D90's (especially '94 & '95's) have finally started to come down a bit. Thank goodness, since I hope to buy another one in a couple of years.
It's a fair price for a bone stock vehicle in good shape and the mods are a bonus.
So many people want a stock vehicle, but if you plan to wheel the vehicle you can usually find smoking deals on modded D90's. Just be careful to make sure the additions have been well thought out and professionally installed.
I can think of one "over modified" D90 here in Colorado that sold recently for waaaay more that it was worth (but far far less than the owner put into it) and I can only imagine the horror in store for the new owner once he realizes what a hack job POS he just purchased.

Make sure the owner really has all the records he claims to have, and be sure there are maintenance records documenting the vehicles service history, not just repairs or modifications.

Best Regards,

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Art Vigil said:
I can think of one "over modified" D90 here in Colorado that sold recently for waaaay more that it was worth (but far far less than the owner put into it) and I can only imagine the horror in store for the new owner once he realizes what a hack job POS he just purchased.
LOL,,,, but can't Y's Defender "EAT your Defender" ??? :D

On a seperate note,,,LR Denver East has a '97 stock yellow soft-top 90 for sale,,, they are asking 40-something ! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
SCSL said:
On a seperate note,,,LR Denver East has a '97 stock yellow soft-top 90 for sale,,, they are asking 40-something ! :eek: :eek:
:eek: I purchased my first D90 from them in '95 (brand new) for <$34K
Guess there's one born every minute.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.