Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Newbie member here.

I have a 1996 Disco and the cluster is bad. I bought a replacement cluster and was wondering if anyone can help with instructions on how to replace an instrument cluster. I have already ordered the Complete Shop CD manual but it seems to be taking a while to get to me. Thanks! :D

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
I haven't done that job on a Disco, but I have on a RRC. It really was pretty straight forward assuming your somewhat mechanically inclined. I did it without a shop manual but made sure I took pictures of the things I figured I would forget with a digital camera. What exactly are you replacing and/or why?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Badger1 said:
I haven't done that job on a Disco, but I have on a RRC. It really was pretty straight forward assuming your somewhat mechanically inclined. I did it without a shop manual but made sure I took pictures of the things I figured I would forget with a digital camera. What exactly are you replacing and/or why?

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the response and welcome.

My Disco1 came with a damaged instrument cluster via thief recovery per the previous owner. So I bought a used cluster at a junk yard that is supposed to be working to replace the damaged/non-functional one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
96discose7 said:
Asterix, removal of the cluster is easy, just need a number two phillips, two screws for the shroud and a few facing screws for the cluster, the wiring harness will just unclip, 15-20 minuetes and you are done -Andy
Thank you for the response. Any specific steps to switching the cluster?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.