Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the Lr3 instrument Cluster? Would a Range Rover sport cluster of the same year work to be programmed for a LR3? They look almost exactly the same? I know they would need reprogrammed regardless didn’t know if anyone had tried?

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Look up the part numbers and see if they coincide? I looked in genesis and I see the same firmwares for both vehicles’ IPC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look up the part numbers and see if they coincide? I looked in genesis and I see the same firmwares for both vehicles’ IPC
Thankd for looking that up, numbers are similar.I have my nanocom ordered, looking forward to having the power to reflash, etc.

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Boy it stinks waiting for the nanocom to saunter over from Europe.

swapping the IPC isn’t a “supported” function of the nanocom, but it can be done with it (my RRS is living proof). alexBBS on the nanocom forum gave me the step by step, but he only gives the instructions in PM not on forum posts I think.

I can advise as well, he’s a bit of a slow responder

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
The nanocom makes continuity checks between the IPC and BCM. you’ll need to download the ROM from your existing IPC onto your SD card, and you’ll need an external power supply for your nanocom.

With the original IPC installed, connect the nanocom to the external power supply and to the truck and power on the truck

Advance to firmware write dialog, and stop right before hitting proceed

power off the truck, swap gauge clusters, and power the truck back on

proceed with firmware write

this little song and dance bypasses the safety checks of the nanocom

I’m not sure if it was helpful, but afterwards I cycled the ignition off, then on again. For good measure I rewrote the CCF and sync’d the BCM to the IPC, and then did a vehicle reset.

much to my surprise, the truck started right up and once again I counted the dollars that little box has saved me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whenever I power my truck on the hazards flash, dash lights up, temp gauge is through the roof and truck won’t even begin to turn over.

I’m hoping this will do the trick… 7/22 is so far away in anticipation.

Thanks again, I’ll report back!

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
That’s what mine was doing and that fixed it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts