Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I want to ask you guys about the insurances that you have for your rigs. does it cover any off-road stuff or do you guys keep it silen if **** happens on trails?

Wanna get some comparison because my Insurance(Progressive that is) does not have any spesific policy for off-road. Maybe you guys have any idea for any insurance company here in states that has spesific policy for off-road use.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
The standard automobile policy includes an exclusion for racing. I don't have the exact phrasing handy but it is meant to exclude competitive/exhibition events (you would be covered if you were street racing but would likely be cancelled if they know that's how the acc occured [as it is illegal]). I have not heard of it being used to deny coverage for off-roading, you could probably fight it successfully if it was.

Policies can vary by company but most use a standardized policy and tailor it by adding forms. I am not aware of any company that tailors coverage for off-roading.

Someone posted in another forum that they rolled their Freelander on a hill climb and it was covered by their insurance (IIRC the truck was totalled). I don't recall if the name of the ins co was given.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I remember talking with a guy with a heavily modded discovery and he was telling me about a special policy he had just for off road, covered all his accessories and everything. I dont remember the details or even who he was covered through but I do remember him saying that it was a policy designed specifically for rigs that wheel a lot and are modified. I wish I could remember the name of the company, I'll post if I remember it. It was in northern Mass if that helps, :dunno:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that if there's any policy specifically designed for off road use only, then the premium would be like financing a new RRS.

well you guys have had any body damage ? what did you do to it ? out of your own pocket or pay the deductible ?

Thanks

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know that most insurance companies take into account the vehicle and I am sure that they are not ignorant to the fact that Rover owners take their vehicles off road. I know my liability only on my Rover is almost as much as full coverage on my 2wd Expedition.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just called my insurance and if anything happens off road then they will take the claim as collison. but if I have a big claims constantly then they will think about kicking me out of their client. that sucks.

and anothe thing that i found out that if I want to mod the rig, any aftermarket stuff will be covered if it is under $1000. if it excedds $1000 in total than I sould let them know.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$1000 total. if you exceed that, you should tell your Insurance.

I'm with Progressive. I guess pretty much Insurance Company would have the same thing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I only have liability on my truck. The difference in premiums between liability and full coverage pretty much equals any damage I could do to my truck before it is totalled anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.