Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some maintenance on my 07 LR3 and decided to change the PCV as preventative maintenance with a replacement i purchased on ebay.
within 15 min of leaving my house to go to the grocery store i noticed i was smoking white like crazy. i also thought that I heard like a crack coming from the engine area.
So i pulled over to check to see if i had a coolant leak but did not see anything or any drips of any sort so i went on.
as soon as i got to the grocery store i checked the oil and it seemed fine and still no leaks, so i luckily had the old PCV with me and swapped out in 2 min in the parking lot.
the car still smoked but appeared to smoke less upon my drive home. temp was fine, coolant level was fine. oil was fine. so i figured i had a bad PCV.
I will take it out tomorrow and see how this goes again.

any words of advice?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
drove the car about 30-40 miles today and it smoked a little at startup but no more the rest of the day.
i am going to assume this has now been resolved and it was a shitty PCV from ebay. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I just asked the seller. Sometimes parts come in a box and inside is another box holding the part with the maker identified. Like ordering a part from NAPA and it comes in a Bosch box holding the actual part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just asked the seller. Sometimes parts come in a box and inside is another box holding the part with the maker identified. Like ordering a part from NAPA and it comes in a Bosch box holding the actual part.
I was fully refunded today by eBay seller.
No markings whatsoever.
Whatever, I’ll just buy it from a LR dealership online like Tampa or Palm Beach. Truck is no longer smoking.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Heard from the seller; he says it is from China. You might do him a favor and tell him that the part is not good. He should stop selling them. I guess some of the stuff from China is OK and I do use them but generally I am wary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts