Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Poor guy must go through so much more armor all then we do.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
That is a sweet rig..... now where do i mount the 50 calibur ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
They do/did do one with tracks!

Most of the 6 wheelers are used for fire tenders and hydraulic lift platforms. They normally use a 130 as a base vehicle. Most only have 4 wheel drive the third axle is just to have a greater carrying capacity. Some though are 6 wheel drive monsters! They also use range rover classics as a base for 6 wheelers. Alot of 6 wheeler 130's go out (or used to) Oz as there army commisioned them. Beats a hummer any day. :buttrock:

·
Registered
492 Posts
DallasRover said:
Did they make one with tracks in the rear? Very cool truck.
The Centuar was an experimental job using the tracks from a Scorpion light tank but powered by the usual 3.5L V8.

A couple were tested in Oman and one still exists there at the Military Museum in Ruwi, Muscat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Confession time.....

Ok so I have a confession. The photo is a Photoshop job.

A couple of years ago, My buddy was toying with the idea of building a 6 wheeled Landrover using an 88" chassis (frame) with the rear section of another 88" welded to the back. I took the photo of his own 109" and fiddled with it to try and give him an idea of what it would look like. Two tears later and all that remains of the project is half an 88" chassis and this photo. :rolleyes:

One day............

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Cerberus said:
Ok so I have a confession. The photo is a Photoshop job.

A couple of years ago, My buddy was toying with the idea of building a 6 wheeled Landrover using an 88" chassis (frame) with the rear section of another 88" welded to the back. I took the photo of his own 109" and fiddled with it to try and give him an idea of what it would look like. Two tears later and all that remains of the project is half an 88" chassis and this photo. :rolleyes:

One day............
Good job on the photo shop! Fooled me. :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.