Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my recently new-to-me 2010 RR Sport off at the dealer for two recall items. While there, I asked for all prior service records so I knew what work had previously been performed. I had some prior records and was curious if when I asked for they would also give me the records I already had (always good to check if they are being honest). One particular thing I wanted to have knowledge of was prior suggested fluid and filter changes (oil and transmission).

To my surprise, they said they couldn't provide all previous records as they routinely purge their files of previous service records. I have one record from 2013 that they did not have in their files, so they supposedly aren't keeping service records longer than nine years. I find this astoundingly bad management, as some owners actually anticipate being able to keep a RR on the road and in good repair longer than nine years.

Additionally, when I asked if there were any software updates that I might want to have applied, they said they wouldn't even offer the option of their still supporting the software on the vehicle. Again - astounding.

Essentially, RR is refusing to help keep cars older than nine years properly maintained, even if the owner intends to fully pay for the service.

I am astounded by the poor level of customer support offered by RR through their dealer service departments.

I would highly suggest people keep their own files of dealer service records as otherwise, an owner has no clue of the service history of the vehicle or record of whether mandated safety recall work has been performed.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
IIRC, a manufacturer is only required to support a vehicle for “Model Year plus Seven”

This was the case when I worked at Lear Corp. I didn’t think to ask during my recent tenure with CarLex.

All that said, it is a HUGE departure from what Ford told us they were going to do back in ‘05/‘07

1 - 2 of 2 Posts