Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone this is my first post, this might sound stupid but i was wondering if its possible to leave a door open while the car is on and have the interior lights off... also, what would be the biggest advantage regarding performance/fuel economy of using gas with an octane rating of 93 as opposed to 90?

·
Registered
590 Posts
No.
You will either have to take the bulb out or paint it black and the plastic cap black as well while you pull over to take a whiz. I trust that is why you want the light off eh..

There isnt much of a difference in the gas efficiency as long as you use a gas treatment every few months to clear out the hard water left by the lower octane gas.

But dont use the low grade gas. You will be sorry in the long run.

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Hailsharky said:
No.
There isnt much of a difference in the gas efficiency as long as you use a gas treatment every few months to clear out the hard water left by the lower octane gas.
hard water?! there should never be water in gas. Higher octane will just have your engine running cleaner and more efficiently. The difference between 90 and 93 probably wouldn't be noticeable, but the difference between 87 - 93 certainly is. Give it a try for a while. See what you get. Just remember the computer won't adjust to the new gasoline right away.

·
Registered
590 Posts
so nothing drips out of your tail pipe?

if it does, it's water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.