Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently replacing the headliner on my Disco 2. When I was removing the cargo nets on the interior where the roof line lifts up, the plastic fame that holds the nets broke. Ive looked everywhere I can imagine yet cant seem to find any replacements. Does anyone know where I can find them?

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
35 Posts
If you still can't find them, you could try to fix the broken piece you have. A little epoxy or super glue could get you back in business. I am also in the process of re-covering the headliner in my D2, and I cracked the rear dome light surround after pulling on it because I presumed that it was held in with clips. It isn't. I didn't want to buy a new one, so what I did was glue it back together on the backside (that you can't see when it is installed) with some super glue, being very careful to make sure that everything was lined up properly. After that, I couldn't even see the line where it had cracked on the outside anymore. It seems plenty strong, and looks almost perfect. Worked great for me, and saved me some money.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
I reupholstered my headliner last summer (on my D2) and several little vent bezels cracked. I used an epoxy and also epoxied some various metal bits behind the breaks, and they’re working just fine.

on a side note, be sure to stuff some jute padding around your rear air ducts (if so equipped). After reassembling mine, I developed a nasty rattle above the headliner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently replacing the headliner on my Disco 2. When I was removing the cargo nets on the interior where the roof line lifts up, the plastic fame that holds the nets broke. Ive looked everywhere I can imagine yet cant seem to find any replacements. Does anyone know where I can find them?
I'd try your local junkyard- we had the same thing and had 3 discos at our yard- all three still had them there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts