Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent P0308 which shows up with a P0300. Doesn't always come with P0300. Sometimes it comes on every time I drive it and some times it comes on every couple of days. The check engine obviously comes on. I shut it off with my code check gauge. I have read all the threads. I know it is a #8 cylinder misfire. I replaced all the wires and plugs approx 3 months ago. It started about 6 weeks later. I did not replace with 8mm wires, as did not know about that. I used good quality 7mm wires. I pulled off and reseated the wire at both ends. Switched plugs all to no avail. I am losing about a quart of coolant every couple of months. I can not find any evidence of smoke or plug fouling. I need new tires and a developed a squealing, squeaking sound like bearing failure around water pump? Belt tensioner's? AC unit today. Not sure which is at fault yet. Really don't want to spend all that money if I may have serious engine problem. It is an 01 with 189,000 mikes had valve job at 127,000k. Any thought's. Most likely head gasket?? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.