Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 Disco (auto) has 125k miles and less than 2k miles ago I changed cap, rotor, plug wires, and plugs. It was running wonderfully for about 500 miles and now it runs fine at everything but idle. This has happened in the past and new wires would fix it. Since I just put new wires in, I don't think that will do it this time. Any suggestions? In the meantime, I've become real good at goosing the gas pedal to 650rpm at stoplights while braking. Would be nice to get back to true 1-footed operation. :)
thanks in advance
-terry

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 93 Range Rover did the same thing this past spring. The problem for me turned out to be the idle air bypass motor on the back of the plenum. I removed it by unscrewing it from the housing and blasted all the gunk and carbon deposits off with carb and choke cleaner. I also changed all the pcv hoses, flame trap and breather foam on the back of the valve cover. This seemed to clear up the problem and now I regularly clean out the idle bypass motor to prevent it. Basically the engine was just being choked to death at idle. I ended up doing the same thing by revving it at stoplights although it became a pain after the first couple times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts