Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very frustrated at this point and could sure use some help. Not sure if anyone has experienced this before however my 02 Disco developed a starting problem. Would start fine then after sitting for 15 minutes cranked but wouldn't start. Let it sit for 30 minutes and she starts back up like there was never a problem. Took it to my mechanic and had the crank shaft position sensor replaced along with the inertia switch. Truck had 106k miles on it and a slow antifreeze leak from the right front head gasket so while there had a block test done (it passed) and went ahead with an engine reseal, replaced the front cover and oil pump, head gaskets, coil packs, etc. Drove it away from shop got the truck washed, went to start it again and it cranked fine but wouldn't start. Waited 10 minutes tried it again and it started. Drove home started again next day just fine. No problems starting and running for several days then after sitting overnight wouldn't start at all. Flat bedded to shop they tested for spark (yes) power at fuel pump (yes) but wouldn't start. They by-passed the inertia switch still no start but that got the flashers going so they disconnected the battery to clear them. Once he reconnected the battery it started just fine. Still at the shop and is now starting fine. I don't want to get stuck on the road again with a no start so I'm asking my guy to drive it around to see if it happens to him. Strange that it started after battery was reconnected but I'm not at all confident we've found the original problem. Any ideas?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'll check with my mechanic and see if he has checked the fuel pressure and post back once I do. The problem initially was no start after it was warm then 20 minutes later it would start and run just fine. Then it went to a complete no start situation. Flat bedded back to the shop and when my mechanic was fiddling with the inertia switch the hazard flashers came on and to clear them he disconnected the battery. When reconnected it started no problem and has the last three days. Hard to fix whats not broken but again it doesn't make sense to me that disconnecting the battery is what fixed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.