Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here and need to ask a question of a truly international Landrover community and it is this:-

I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I own a 1997 P38 DSE which I plan to take on an overland expedition to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos in early December (yes rather last minute). I'm pretty confident in the car. It's in cracking shape and I've looked after it well but of course it's a long trip very far away from its home base so I was wondering if members in Thailand and Cambodia (and Vietnam) could help supply me with names, addresses and telephone numbers of P38-capable service centres in these countries?

The route to be followed is as follows:-
Kuala Lumpur- Danok- Surat Thani- Hua Hin- Aranya Phrathet- Siem Reap- Phnom Penh- Ho Chi Minh City- Phnom Penh- Stueng Traeng- Champasak- Chongmek- Surim- Kancanburi- Chumphon- Haadyai- Kuala Lumpur

I'll be prepping the car like crazy of course, but it can't hurt to have some numbers to call on just in case something does let go despite my best efforts.

Thanks guys

Darth

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with your request, although some other members may chime in. Have you done a web search? I know they are few and far between. Just in case your not aware, you will be driving on the opposite side of the road through some of the countries you plan to visit. Have a nice trip and come back to the forum when you return. :wave:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehehe... thanks for the support guys. Well we drive on the left in Malaysia. Thailand is the same, dunno about Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam though. I think being ex French colonies they'd probably drive on the right. I think I'll be ok at everything except roundabouts........ I remember a pretty traumatic incident when I was a student on a little motoring holiday in Provence. Coped with the left-hand drive, ok with driving on the right but come to the first roundabout and instict took over......

Needless to say I learned a lot of new French words that day........

:D

Well... if anybody knows who to call in these countries, do please let me know. I have a lot of faith in my P38.... but when all's said and done it still is a P38 and quite capable of doing the most astounding things at the most surprising times.......

Cheers

Darth

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I would suggest that you contact your emabassy in each country (I assume that you are not Maylasian, but a citizen of another country) that you plan on driving through. They sohuld be able to give you lots of information about things like that. Even if you are Maylasian, then I would expect that your government would have an embassy in the other countries. Aslo, it is a good idea when travelling to report to the embassies, that way they know where you are, and if there is any problems, you are easier to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts