Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1086 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member says 'hello!'

Hello: My name is Sanjiv and I am a new member here. I do however deal with other websites for the Land Rover and did not know of the existence of this site till today. In any case, I own a 1997 Range Rover 4.0SE as my virgin Land Rover experience. I am close to Albany NY and school and research here. The RR is probably not a school kids vehicle and I am learning it by the day. However, I love it so much that I am planning to go in for a RR sport. I am probably going to sell the 97 inside the next month for $9000. Let me know if you find anyone that needs it. Now, hello everyone and I hope I can get some info here on the new RRs now that it runs a Jaguar engine (or the BMW one - should read more). Good to be here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I'm lionel and I'm considering the purchase of a disco in the near future. I'm from Louisiana and am planning on using the truck for daily driver duties and some light to moderate trail riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been looking at a weekend fun vehicle. Something to turn a wrench on and enjoy. Thinking about a series model. I currently drive an 05 Mini Cooper S Convertible. Gonna post in the series section with some specific questions but will enterain comments here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
jim

hi:wave: my name is james or jim as every one calls me born 1 dec. ive just got my first landy :) a 98 v8 disco that i fell in love with cant wait to take it up to land cruser mountain and show other toys up there wot a real car can do have been 4x4 driving for about ten years after my scout leader got me hooked on it in a old series 3 landrover, have been driving a toyota hilux for the last 2 years im glad i got rid of it. i may need assistance on some of the repairs and maitinace with it as i do most of my mech and electrical work myself as i have done on all my other cars ive had hope to talk to offten as i can to learn more bout my new car and how to keep it a off road beast

·
Registered
3 Posts
jim

1st thing i need to know is the dangers on putting in a after market alpine tape deck with a cd stacker in to the disco ican work out the wiring but not sure if itwill affect the vehical:dunno: cant find where i can find out if there are any dangers to its comp or other features of the car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this board and to LR's. I just bought a 99 Disco for my wife - got tired of hauling stuff around in the trunk of my MB 300CD or Sarah Jane, my '74 TR6 for her - needed a truck.
Nice little LR, dark metallic blue with tan interior, only 100K miles, clean and well maintained.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi, trying to find my first rover, a project 88 i havent found one yet though, dad has a disco series 2, and that got me hooked on land rover,s :) i like to sit up high in the sky :D and be able to see over other vehicles, and feel safer in the rover than i do in a car :)

so i decided i need a serise 2 or 3 project 88 for a winter project and daily driver :) this wont be my first rebuild, me and dad rebuilt a 1979 trans am :cool: im in kansas city, missouri

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
What an awesome, information packed website! I just found you guys a couple days ago and my back is sore from spending so much time in the chair here reading all the posts.
I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and my wife and I spend a lot of time on weekends in Big Cypress and anywhere else we can get away from the city hassle. I have a '04 D2 SE for work and off-roading with several upgrades completed and many more planned, also a '06 LR3 SE for long distance traveling.

Tom
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW--What a Ride!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, recent convert from Suzuki off-road arena. Had a highly modified XL-7, only one in the US like it. Bought an 04 Discovery last year with 19000 miles on it still under warranty til mid 08. Just bought a 97 Disco I with 150000 on it. This will be my trail rig. Looking for any suggestions on lifts, drive train and DI typical issues to watch for and preempt. Had a prototype OME lift on the suzuki and it performed VERY well. Like OME but want to make sure before I buy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello

Hello all, :wave:
I am a long time 4-wheeler, started when I was 16 with a CJ7 then I moved to a 70' Bronco, then a 03' Tacoma, and now a 03 Disco. Its bone stock right now with crappy street tires but Plan on a OME lift and some BFG MT's by spring. :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I don't have a Land Rover yet.. but I'm joining this forum to soak up the Landrover goodness and learn about the brand so I can be more educated come time to purchase!

I'm just finishing school, so for now I'll be sticking to my Impreza and rallying.. but once I can afford it the Impreza is coming off the road to become a dedicated stage rally car, and will be replaced by a 4x4. Since I grew up in the UK, the only 4x4 that really appeals to me is the ol Land Rover! I've wanted one since I was a little kid.. there's something about playing in the mud that I just really enjoy!

Anyway.. for the most part I'll be sitting back and observing.. but I signed in so I could participate in the forums where I can..

cheers to beers.. :beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

hello...im new here. i live in upstate ny and just bought an 03 discovery for winter, currently completly stock. i had a stock fj80 for a bit, but sold it. looking to maybe get some stuff done with the disco over the winter and do some mild trails next year.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
mscott said:
Hi. 94 D-90 105k. Had her for two years. In charlotte, nc which looks to have a strong showing on the site.
Where in Charlotte are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
01001010 said:
This thread won't really apply to any of the older members but if you feel the need to formally introduce yourself..lol..please do so here.

As for new members! Welcome to the Land Rovers Only boards! :wave: Use this thread to briefly write a little bit about yourself, and what Land Rover you own, want to own, or have previously owned!

As always, we hope to be your last stop in your search for a Rover Enthusiast forum and that you find everything you're looking for. And if you don't, we'll make sure to find it for you!

Enjoy your stay :drink1:

I don't really feel the need to formally introduce myself, but I have to or else I can't post, heh heh.

Anyways, I am a cop from Florida looking to relocate to NOrth Carolina. I have a Silver LR3 with a warn 9.5 winch, factory roof rack, factory brush guards and some really hellacious Vision X 6.7" HID off road lights, mounted to the brush guard with an ETMGT light adapter kit. The HID's only draw 35 watts, so I run them with the factory wiring instead of those crappy factory things that come on the front.

We have Corbett here and it is a great place to wheel.

Thanks and I'll see you all in the forums! :clap:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Dugn8r said:
I don't really feel the need to formally introduce myself, but I have to or else I can't post, heh heh.

Anyways, I am a cop from Florida looking to relocate to NOrth Carolina. I have a Silver LR3 with a warn 9.5 winch, factory roof rack, factory brush guards and some really hellacious Vision X 6.7" HID off road lights, mounted to the brush guard with an ETMGT light adapter kit. The HID's only draw 35 watts, so I run them with the factory wiring instead of those crappy factory things that come on the front.

We have Corbett here and it is a great place to wheel.

Thanks and I'll see you all in the forums! :clap:

Nice one buddy, a pic please?!?!:clap:

:needpics:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello from Zurich, Switzerland. I grew up with a '48 Willys and a '72 Blazer in the family (drove both to high school. No, kids do not drive to school in Zurich!). I had one interest in Land Rovers: a Dormobile to go camping with the family. I bought a running one this summer, 1969 IIA, and I hope to make it roadworthy this winter. Maybe it will survive my resuscitation efforts and come back with us to the USA someday. I'll be looking for tech and DIY tips in this forum.

201 - 220 of 1086 Posts