Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1086 Posts

·
Large Land Mammal
149 Posts
I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
astateofmike said:
I have to agree that young people owning Rovers is pretty cool.....I'm 36, married, dog and lucky to have found a small house for 8 million or whatever it cost out here in the overpriced west (CA).....

When they put in the dealership and I had to drive by it daily, I almost died....and I convinced the other half that the used RRC was better than a 8-20k motorcycle....

I would have had one sooner, but was after the Defender, but when I met a neighbor with a RRC and a forward control, I got turned onto a classic...which works well with wife, dog and soon to be baby.....Now if I can just get the sliders and roof top tent past the accountant, I will be happy.

And I guess I should expand.....88 RRC in Green with Truxis tires, Surco rack, stock brush guards, 2.25OME HD's and Bilstiens and 180k on the oriiginal engine / trans...previous owner set me up nice and solid.

If anyone has a tip for mounting a 2" recvr hitch between the frame rails so I can carry a hitch mount winch for front/back use, let me know.....

Man, have fun with those interco's. they're sick tires!! One thing though, rotate them as much as possible!! They will wear down extreamly fast, and they're too good of a tire to only last 15k(as in my case). Those tires will get you through just about anything with a locked center diff and good driving. Their sidewalls are probably the stongest I've ever encountered for a road tire also. Beat the hell out of them but show them the respect they deserve. Good luck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My name is Russ, I live in Boston, MA which means there ain't no stinkin' place to go off-road anywhere near me, (if you know of something let me know), and I work in the marine industry. This is my first LR after having had major envy for many years. I ended up getting perhaps the least desireable disco out there: '03 Disco S. But if I told you what I paid for it you wouldn't blame me. Had it since the spring and no mods yet. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Ready for some numbers...
I am turning 38 on the same day as my fourth wedding anniversary and the same day one of our two dogs (plus one cat, four ferrets and a dozen or so fish) will turn nine which will be two days before we leave for MAR for part of a two week vacation which is our first one in three years.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My name is Nic, I'm 22 and mechanical engineering student at the University of South Florida. I am currently VP of the USF Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, we are ranked #2 in North America in Baja SAE and somewhere in the 50's in Formula SAE. I am also currently creating a USF 4x4 club that will be officially reconized by the university as a legitimate student organization.
I drive a 91 RRC Hunter Edition, with 2" OME HD, OME shocks, 2" RTE spacers and brake lines on ~33" Wrangler A/T's. Custom made the front bumper, brush guard and winch mount. Which is a Harbor Frieght special 8K lbs.
I grew up racing harescrambles, cross country dirtbike racing, and now drink too and party way too much. Just moved into a 3600 sqft house along the major river running through Tampa with 5 of my buddies, we've built it into our own private bar, bar, pooltable, megatouch gambling, jukebox, kegerator, electronic dart board, fooseball, and hot tub. Needless to say nothing very productive goes on here. But its college, so we don't have to be yet.:beer:

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yo Nic...I got an ex and two cousins that go to USF...definately a fun crowd! I love goin up to visit (specially the ex..lol)...next time I do I'll let ya know!

·
Registered
528 Posts
nfrey2 said:
My name is Nic, I'm 22 and mechanical engineering student at the University of South Florida. I am currently VP of the USF Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, we are ranked #2 in North America in Baja SAE and somewhere in the 50's in Formula SAE. I am also currently creating a USF 4x4 club that will be officially reconized by the university as a legitimate student organization.
I drive a 91 RRC Hunter Edition, with 2" OME HD, OME shocks, 2" RTE spacers and brake lines on ~33" Wrangler A/T's. Custom made the front bumper, brush guard and winch mount. Which is a Harbor Frieght special 8K lbs.
I grew up racing harescrambles, cross country dirtbike racing, and now drink too and party way too much. Just moved into a 3600 sqft house along the major river running through Tampa with 5 of my buddies, we've built it into our own private bar, bar, pooltable, megatouch gambling, jukebox, kegerator, electronic dart board, fooseball, and hot tub. Needless to say nothing very productive goes on here. But its college, so we don't have to be yet.:beer:

That's what I like to hear. You're alright in my book Nic :beer: .

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi guy!
my name is Victor, im 20, almost 21now, and ive owned a 95 land rover discovery for almost a year now.

i hope this site helps me fixing it up because it was defenitly a project when i bought it, and still is.
i do wood flooring for a living, but i love mechanics and i like to work on all my cars, especially my hondas.

thats about it for now, hope to get to know more about rovers as i know about hondas!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
HI all.....

:wave: Greeting from the Niagara region in Ontario. I just joined this cool forum, but I have been lurking for over a year now. I just wanted to say hi and that you all seem to be a great helpful bunch of people. Thanks for the hours of great reading.

When I bought my Disco (1999 Discovery II w/ace, winter package) almost a year ago, I was always extra careful driving it, being so worried something will break, or wear out 20 times faster than normal, as the general public :sheep: makes LR's out to be time bombs with problems, expansive issues and headaches.

Spending some time reading these forums is the best thing any LR owner can do. Gaining trust in your LR, because now, you know how your truck works. (And knowing is half the battle! lol, nm)

Well, I bought this truck so I can do "TRUCK" stuff, and that's the plan for this hog. Hopefully my BFG mt's show up tomorrow! I'm dying to hit the trails. If anyone in the Hamilton/Niagara area wants to play in the mud.....:drive:

Seeya!

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
My name is Josh, I'm 20 and a student at Santa Rosa Junior College and i live in Sonoma County...I just got my first disco about 3 months ago (2003 Disco II HSE), been off roading a few times already but wanting to get in touch with some other Rover owners locally and hit some trails on a somewhat regular basis. The disco is stock for now but im in the process of a new front bumper, skid plates, maybe a few other goodies.

·
Life's Lemon
382 Posts
Hello

My name is Bil and I just came to the forums. I am a proud owner of a 1998 Range Rover 4.6 HSE and am excited to read up on the forums and learn some new stuff. And by the way, if you guys look at the top of the page and see those four pictures, mine looks almost exactly like the second one in. Just for a general idea :)

·
10,236 Posts
Hey man.. Welcome to the madness.......... Glad to see you over here!!!! You have a great rover..... Can't wait to see the trail pics you will do....

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh wow...I've fallen behind on my welcomes! Welcome aboard guys! (last three with the exception of Funrover..lol)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey gang, my name is Jason, I live in southern middle Tennessee and just purchased my rover about two weeks ago. I have a 2003 Discovery HSE that is completely stock for now. My previous vehcile was a 2000 Wranlger with 33's, 3.5 rubicon express lift, 1 inch body lift, 1 inch motor mount lift, 4.56 gears and lockers. So i am pretty familair with modifying a Jeep but not up to speed on the rover yet, but I will get there. Also I am 32.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello gu day mates ow r uu?

Hi,
No im australian but it works for me. My name is Ryan. ive been a member for about a month or so and i love it. I drive a 97 d1. that is crying for some attention. and im trying to give it all i can. but man is it expensive. i just got a new hd drag link and stabilizer and relocation kit. and am waiting on some new balljoints from DAP to put it all in. soon i am gonna put in some big blues and pro comps along with some bgf all terrains of coarse. that should do me for a while. I live in springfield, mo so if anyone knows of or wants to go 4x4n around here let me know. in the mean time ill work on my truck and give it all the attention it needs. later.
ryan:wave: :beer:

·
Just an observer of freaks
2,130 Posts
Capt. Ron said:
Hi,

My name is Ron and I own a Land Rover...
LMAO! Ron, LR Anonymous is on a different thread:lol:

My name is Tami, pretty new here too. This forum has helped me learn about my rove and is also rapidly enabling LR addiction. To think I cried when I let my J**p Betsy go. Guess I just didn't understand...:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings,
I am Brian
I am 33
I am a Land Surveyor
I enjoy loud, fast music:buttrock:
I enjoy loud, fast bikes:buttrock:
I enjoy loud, fast cars:buttrock:
I drive a 99 Disco 1 SD (daily driver, not loud or fast)
I love it!
I have not owned it long, but have learned a few things:

LR's are cool,
LR's are perhaps the MOST capable 4X4 in the world,
A LR is what a J*@p wants to be,
oh, and I love it!

I have been a lurker up to this point. There are some great people and great info on this forum. I am in Osage Beach, MO, a couple of hours North of Ryan (we will have to get together some time). I am completely in shock at the amount of young owners on the forum. It re-affirms my faith in the youth of the world (just kidding, it is really cool).

21 - 40 of 1086 Posts